Manchester United

Pogba is better than what United has allowed him to show.
It has been a bad career move for him and he should push to get a transfer to Real or someone.

1 Like

Yeah I mean look at the litany of talent that have stalled going to United.

Di Maria, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Darmian, Fred… the list goes on of capable / above average talent who’s career floundered at United.

ADM has been superb for PSG, Lukaku had a record breaking season at Inter, Pogba was instrumental for Juventus and excellent for France. Sanchez is refunding his feet at Inter and seems to be producing some solid performances (albeit his decline is clearly physical). Darmian has re established himself as a capable defender and has earned a move back to Inter.

United have no plan, no balance in their squad, below average managerial appointments and just an all round mess.

6 Likes

Anything good United have done in the past few years (those wins away to peps city, EL win, runner up season) Pogba has been at the centre of.

In reality I think he doesn’t take the option and signs for RM?

No way is Pogba going to renew at United and you know they’re going to put the screws to him like they did Dea Gea. Doubt he’ll want a move to another PL club or that we even have the funds for him–but he would be amazing for us if played in the right role.

people saying that he wants to go back to Juve

Would love if he went to Juve on a free one more time.

1 Like

Imagine the anger of the manu fans being played twice by the same club :pepe1:

3 Likes

And the substandard performances he gets a pass on then.
Come on been anonymous in loads of games. Been a massive part of the fail. Hope he stays there.

1 Like

Partey - Pogba - Ceballos (or similar) would be insane tbh.

I think yis are both right. When he is on it they are a different team, but he rarely gives a fuck. He’s a bit like Diaby in terms of amount of times we’ve seen the former.

1 Like

Hard to clock how much of an impact playing under an anti football terrorist Jose had on him. Sure there were games he went missing but he also was willing to do some unglamorous work for France en route to winning the World Cup. He was probably the wrong player at the wrong time on the wrong contract for Man U. Too expensive for Madrid, too talented to just dump for a loss, everyone kind of lost in this except the agent, the agent never loses. :arteta:

1 Like

I used to criticise Pogba for being over reliant on his teammates but during the world cup, he really showed that he can be down to doing as you say ‘unglamorous work’.

I felt the same about him at Juve. I thought he was partnered with a willing water carrier in Vidal and backed up by a ridiculous defense and keeper. I viewed him as a somewhat marauding midfielder, like a much much better Ramsey. Some of that came from branding and marketing campaigns with adidas. But I didn’t realize how disciplined he was as a player until WC18. It takes a lot of smarts and honestly a little lack of ego to become a bit of a water carrier yourself. I think it’s a shame he wasted his prime in that dumpster fire because we should have seen so much more from him and now I don’t think we’ll ever see it.

You can’t really judge a player’s attitude based on their performances while winning the world cup. All that really proves is that over 6 games they really wanted to win the world cup.

3 Likes

You still banging on about Ozil? :grin:

3 Likes
4 Likes

We need Ole stay in this job for as long as possible. Imagine them appointing Poch and be relevant again. Fek me. Ole in.

3 Likes

They won’t be relevant under Poch. Hope he is next in line tbh.

1 Like

Whoever made the decision to hire Solskjaer deserves to be congratulated by all rival supporters.
Whoever made the decision to keep him and give him a contract deserves a trophy.

Man U are the richest club in Europe and have spent, or wasted, around a billion pounds on players and their wages in recent seasons and when they needed a strong manager, who was experienced and successful at the highest level, who do they go for?
Allegri, Ancelotti, Simeone, Tuchel, Sarri, or take a punt on a younger top manager like Pochettino, Nagelsmann or Ten Hag?
No, they went for a former player who’s managerial career in the PL consisted of getting Cardiff relegated.

Players might like Solskjaer but to question if he is a top coach is ridiculous.
He clearly isn’t.

3 Likes

He got united into the top 4 in a season Poch got sacked and he somehow is the answer.
Emery amassed more points than Poch while he was here.
That’s some credentials you people ignore when bigging this bloke up.
So far nobody else seems to have seen him as the answer yet. Way overrated this bloke with some people.