Manchester United

Withdrawal symptoms from not having a penalty in a while? :arteta:

4 Likes

Poor bloke. Has he tried scoring from open play?

2 Likes

Yeah I can imagine moving to a country during a pandemic and also welcoming a child in the same time period whilst dealing with the pressure of being a player the fans and pundits depend on would be quite tough.

Glad the club are taking care of that aspect fair play to them.

8 Likes

I’m sure his minimum wage will be enough to see him through.
It must be tough being a professional footballer knowing that all around you people are struggling to make ends meet, while you’re driving around in one of your Lamborghini’s, earning more money than all the staff in a Sainsburys store earn put together.

2 Likes

Oh come on. I think we know enough about the human brain at this point to know that even wealthy people can have mental health issues. Besides, that wealth comes with incredible pressure. If guys like Kevin Love and Danny Rose can be open about their mental health than clubs should take it seriously and look after them even if that player plays for a club most of us despise.

2 Likes

I understand that but when I hear people talking about celebrities, actors, pop stars, footballers etc and their problems, it pales into insignificance when normal people are living on a pittance, who can’t get a job and having to feed a family, who have to get on with it.

I find it difficult to have a lot of sympathy for extremely wealthy people who, generally, care more about themselves and their image than anyone else.

If he has got real mental health issues, then i hope they sort it out, but that hasn’t even been confirmed yet.

Are rich people not allowed to have emotion or something? Mental health issues can plague you irrespective of your wealth it’s ignorant to suggest that someone’s mental health can’t be plagued just because they earn enough money to buy all the expensive things they could ever dream of.

For a lot of people, happiness isn’t linked to material goods / wealth it’s linked to things like friends, family and other environmental factors.

7 Likes

Seriously, fuck off!

I’m sick of people laughing off mental health. It doesn’t matter how much money you have.

5 Likes

I didn’t say that and don’t try and twist what I said.
I have had several friends who have committed suicide with mental health issues so i know how it works.

My point was that there are a lot of celebrities who complain about how hard it is at the top and who are often oblivious to the problems of normal people.

Whether you have enough money to pay the rent/mortgage as well as get the weekly shop in can be an all consuming thought. But once you get past that, if it’s in your nature to worry you will just find something else to worry about. I don’t care who you are, nobody is immune.

7 Likes

People can have all the material things they want and still feel depressed as fuck.

Some people don’t have a pot to piss in and are the happiest people on Earth.

Stop being so ignorant.

3 Likes

Think the point he’s making is it’s a bigger story when it’s a celebrity.
Gets more coverage which can be a good thing for the issue.
Sometimes that can be a real help but when the reality is joe soap has to wait six months for counselling the high profile campaign is flawed.

2 Likes

Would take Pogba over Aouar

5 Likes

Course you would :ozil:

I think United have the option to extend him for a further year.

2 Likes

£90m down the drain.

Raiola doing the bits for his client yet again

2 Likes

I’d love to see a Pogba-Partey-Ceballos midfield would be absolute art

9 Likes

The sad thing about this is that I only want to see it because he displaces Xhaka. Damn how his stock has fallen. United really is a place talent goes to die atm.

3 Likes

Black excellence.

And then people will realise just how much the theatre if nightmares is affecting players.

Look at Di Maria and Smalling away from that toxic place.

1 Like

Definitely be up for seeing Partey-Pogba midfield in Arsenal colours.

2 Likes