Manchester United

they spent 80m for maguire and he has been terrible i feel they need defenders 1st and foremost their defense is nearly as bad (actually worse considering how many hundreds of millions they have spent) as ours.

1 Like

Imo their central defence and Maguire is their biggest issue. Maguire is a big lump who takes unnecessary risks and lacks brain. Lindelöf is good with his feet, but lacks pace and is often left deserted in 1v1 situations. Theres also zero communication between them.
Bailly is their best CB by far. Good passer and he has the speed to clean up behind the Fridge when he closes down to early. But he’s never fit! Phil Jones… well he’s just a calamity in himself.

They badly need a new CB. Ideally they bench Maguire and play Lindelöf/Bailly whenever possible. But they’ll keep playing Maguire for two reasons. 1, he cost them 80mil. Not playing him would be admitting he’s shit (everyone already know this) and they’re trying to save face. 2, they made him captain. So they are stuck with him and can’t sell him (no club would match his wages or pay anywhere near that 80mil).

For me Maguire is the main culprit and a prime Nesta next to him won’t change that. Mustafi would be worth 100mil compared to Fridge.

1 Like

Penchester United

2 Likes

Maybe we can flog Mustafi off to them.

1 Like

Got dominated by Brighton . Fuck these cunts, we better not finish below these losers.

1 Like

Really good Giggs interview, talks about Fergie actually scouting him, Cantona transforming the team, talks about the Arsenal rivalry ‘They were the mirror image of ourselves. They could outfootball anyone and if ever things were going to get nasty they could look after themselves, we had men, they had the same …They were proper men!!!’

Don’t know if he’s improved but he was so average at Inter and that says something given they’ve been desperate for a LWB for years and they never bothered to take up the option to sign him.

1 Like

Telles. The puns start in 3…2…1…

Why wait for the puns to start when you can just Telles a few?

8 Likes

It’s between them and Spurs for the final Top 4 spot.

The first 3 being Liverpool, Leicester and Everton, right?

Liverpool, City and Arsenal. That’s pretty much a lock for me.

3 Likes

Do you guys think they’ll sign anyone else this window? Reckon Telles is gonna happen at some point but will that be all? Strange window for them, they’re usually attacking the market but they’ve been pretty conservative. They’ve missed a massive chance at Sancho too. They won’t have a free run next summer, that’s for sure.

26 Likes

:arteta:

It’s ironic that the two managers that have benefited the most from dodgy refereeing decisions are Mourinho and Ferguson, yet they are the two managers that moan the most to the media about not getting decisions.

The hypocrisy of Mourinho is amazing.
Like when he moaned about Man City being able to outspend him and he has been the biggest spending manager in Europe.

On what basis can you say that Mourinho is one of the managers who has benefitted most from dodgy refereeing? There’s virtually no way you can say this as sure fact lol

Both Chelsea and Man U used to get a lot of decisions going their way, as well as the amount of penalties they got.
Mourinho would moan constantly about things not going his way, either refereeing decisions or other managers daring to spend more than he does.

Also, Mourinho and Ferguson got away with screaming in officials faces yet, when other managers do it they get punished heavily, Wenger kick an empty plastic bottle, he gets sent off.

Mourinho is a classless hypocrite and the fact he has been the manager of the three teams I despise the most is quite fitting.

1 Like

That quote is hilarious. Love how he is so specific about the goalkeeper having to go back out and face Bruno hahaha

1 Like

Yeah the ‘‘Go face Bruno Fernandes’’ got me lol

1 Like