Manchester United

Any time I see anything negative on the cunts, I’m good.

How long will it be before Man U announce Pochettino as their new manager?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/S7HMIDT/status/1197200510966779905?s=19

:wenger:

8 Likes

you think we are bad? Have you seen Arsenal ffs

1 Like

I wasnt sure who that was, until I looked closer and you can see the tip of that purple fucking nose just poking out from that doods face :joy::joy:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Fair play to him.
He is right. There shouldn’t be a testimonial for mediocre players who only stuck that long out of luck.

That’s why I was happy Ramsey & Theo didn’t get any although being better than Phil

2 Likes

Ramsey could have had a testimonial. He was held in high regard by a large portion of the fanbase and has etched his name into Arsenal history with his FA Cup final goals. He’s never been consistently elite, but he’s definitely been a fantastic servant who represented the club admirably for many years. No dramas, no controversies etc. Would have been worthy of one imo.

Walcott getting a testimonial on the other hand would have been embarrassing.

5 Likes

You’re talking bollox. The reason for a testimonals was for all players before the money in football to get a bit of cash to set themselves up for life after football when they weren’t earning much.

A testimonial is absolutely for every player at a club or for none. Because the original reason is now redundant, ie the rich players don’t need a testimonial, there’s no need for it.

So you can argue Jones doesn’t deserve a testimonial, but you can also argue Messi and Ronaldo don’t either.

1 Like

I have only been to one testimonial, and it was for the only player who has deserved it. since we moved to the Emirates, Bergkamp.

If players like Jones are being offered a transfer, you might as well give one to the groundsman.

I admire Jones for having the self awareness to turn it down.

Can’t agree that Walcott having a testimonial would be embarrassing.

He had his flaws and never became what plenty hoped he would with the all promise that he had as a youngster but I’d say notching over 100 goals playing primarily on the flanks is worthy of a testimonial IMO.

With that said I don’t care much for testimonials at all haha

Walcott should have gotten a testimonial just for this

walcott_2_0_44988

6 Likes

Let’s remember what a testimonial is though.
It’s not a one off game to top the players final wage packet up anymore.
It’s a year long money making process of golf tournaments and dinner receptions with a few quid getting thrown charity wise. Nobody spending ten years or more in the premiership needs or should be getting anywhere near one of these things. Sheer fucking greed.

To be fair though mate don’t these guys donate the proceeds to charity these days?

1 Like

Seems a lot is made from it yeah tbh.

I think by the time Walcott left, he had fallen very far in the estimation of the fanbase. We were desperate to get rid of him and it would have gone down poorly if we had organised a testimonial for him. He was on a lot of money for the type of player he was, and frustration towards him was constantly growing. We were delighted when he was sold which shows you the regard he was held in.

Not knocking that he scored 100 goals for us, but think he was quite fortunate to have a long career at Arsenal. For example, he would never have got so many apps in the first third of Wenger’s reign. Whereas I think Ramsey could have easily fit in as a Ray Parlour type figure in Wenger’s best years, and probably more if he had never got his leg broken.

If you thought having Xhaka as captain was bad, Jesse Lingard is currently wearing the armband for Man United :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This photo hurts my heart every time I see it. The was unplayable at this stage in his career and this injury changed all that.

2 Likes

Manu currently losing to astana with 3 mins left to go