Manchester United

Might have been Lee Dixon or one of the other commentators this weekend (I think) as well… he literally said that if Rashford had a Beckham to provide delivery, he would score like 40 goals… lmao.

2 Likes

Many unhinged United fans compare Rashford to Mbappe, they do think he’s on the same level.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I can definitely see Phil saying something like that. He hasn’t got a clue, pretty dire pundit and lacklustre manager too.

@ljungbergkamp it never ceases to amaze me how former players that have played to a high level can spout utter bollocks without even blinking.

Norwich were actually favourites to win the title the year United won their first under Fergie IIRC

We’re they? I know they finished high but I thought it was pretty unexpected.

When he says “Stop Norwich,” what does he mean?
Stop them getting out of the relegation zone?

Solskjaer is such a loser.
Getting his excuses in before a game against a newly promoted club that are favourites to be relegated.

2 Likes

Xhaka should captain Utd, a match made in heaven.

2 Likes

Ouch I’m wrong, they were favourites for relegation but lead the table for much of the year. It didn’t come together for United until they bought Cantona for £1.2million from Leeds the previous seasons winners. He got 15 goals and 16 assists that season and throughout his PL career wasn’t far off averaging a goal or assist a game. And the only season with Cantona they didn’t win it was when he was banned. He also won Ligue 1 with Marseille.

3 Likes

The Cantana give away is one step removed from Alan Williams giving The Beatles away.

Not quite as bad as Sheffield Wednesday turning him down after having a trial with them. EDIT not a free but 100k up front with 900k down the line

United might have also won the league a season earlier if they didn’t give Strachan to Leeds

2 Likes

The upside being that they’ve given him a massive contract and placed basically all their hopes on him turning into a 25+ goal striker.

He will obviously fail so I suppose we’ve contributed in a way to them being utterly shite in attack this season, and them probably finishing 6th again.

1 Like

The disclaimer is necessary because I so often behave like a cunt on here… I’m not picking an argument here, but can you link me to your source?

Cos I genuinely didn’t think assist records went back that far and if they do there are a shit load of players I wanna look into :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d genuinely love to know how often the Romford Pele and Merse laid one on a plate for Wrighty

They only lost it cos they had to play 4 games in 9 days or something.

Ian Woan’s left peg is still worshipped at Elland Road :joy:

This is obviously only the PL

Merson’s are kind of average, you click on filter by season

2 Likes

Wasn’t it his goal for Forest that secured the title for us in 91.

1 Like

That really is uncanny! Ian Woan deciding thw destination of the title 2 seasons in a row

1 Like

13 Likes

That’s so stupid by I genuinely laughed :joy::joy:

2 Likes

As shit as they’ve been they are right behind us in the table :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: