Manchester United

Imagine if they did an arsenal…spent all window trying to get him and they fail and they spent all their time and resources on that deal and in the end they get fuck all done!

Till we know we’re they are business wise reserving judgement on their chances of top 4.
Harry Maguire regardless of price is a big part of filling a badly needed whole for them.
Interesting few weeks left for them

1 Like

There are a crazy number of rumors of big money deals flying around about United at the moment:

-Maguire in for 80-90M?
-Pogba out for 130-150M?
-Fernandes in for 60-70M?
-Lukaku out to Inter for 70M?
-Lukaku out to Juve as part of a swap for Dybala?
-Milinkovic-Savic in for 70-80M?
-Longstaff in for 50M?

A couple of these will likely happen but nobody really seems to have any clue which ones are real and which are total bullshit.

1 Like

I mean they have to do something this summer, they’re stacked with money and suck at football. Seems self-explanatory, but then again I look at my own club in recent times and that argument doesn’t necessarily hold does it lol

1 Like

For most of their transfers the average price seems to be the same as other clubs but with an extra zero on the end of it.

I wonder if they ever look at players that cost less than 10m?

If they did, we’ve got a few they are more than welcome to.

I suppose it depends on whether you view world class as a set standard that doesn’t change over time, or whether you view world class status as being relative to the other players in your position. Both are valid enough.

I’d probably lean towards it being relative to other current players. So the overall standard of defending may be lower than in the past, and he might not be as good as retired centre backs were, but because there aren’t many (any?) others as good as van Dijk that definitely makes him world class in today’s game.

Its an interesting talking point how different people define world class.

2 Likes

That’ll see Leicester push the price up for Maguire even more.

3 Likes

As cynical as it gets :arteta:

If Man United are stuck, they always have Phil Jones to fall back on. As demonstrated today, he is good in both boxes…

2 Likes

Unlucky. Like Eric. :pray::pray:

Please notice that the video is 5 years old

How does Woodward still has a job?

2 Likes

I guess the same was with gazidis…how fucking long did we put up with his incompetence!

Lol

7 Likes

Looks like it’s finally done

1 Like

It looks like they have reached agreement on Maguire for £85m. I don’t think he is anything special and that fee is highway robbery. But he is definitely an improvement on what they have.

1 Like

I heard my phone make a notification noise. I pick it up see the twitter logo and get excited because its Orny. I think Tierney news!! Scroll it down see this

The disappointment is off the scale :neutral_face: fuck off Orny

1 Like

85m for maguire that is 13m more than what we got pepe for…this guy isnt anything special are these guys fucking stupid or what!

It will be interesting to see what Leicester do with the money.
They are going to need a CB, like us, but they’re are going to have a lot of money burning a hole in their pocket.