Manchester United

what was that yewoooloooluuuua at the end all about?

300k a week. Football is nuts. What a joke.

Bang average player rewarded with huge contract just for being a Manchester United academy graduate lol

6 Likes

Absolute insanity, this shit can’t keep happening without repercussions!!

That means they are paying Rashford, Pogba and Sanchez more than 50m a season in wages between them.

1 Like

yup and why shouldn’t they. Rashford could come great any time, his potential is great and he’s 21.

A slightly better version of Welbeck isnt worth 300k a week imo.

1 Like

but they don’t give a shite what things cost.

I don’t see how his potential is great tbh with you. He’s a greedy pace merchant

3 Likes

I like Rashford’s potential, but atm he’s nowhere near that level. Maybe he had some offers and they just wanna tie him with that contract, who knows…

I think he’s a great player but realistically no other big club is going to give him those sort of wages.
It’s ok to pay an established world class player that sort of money, but a bit much for a good player with potential.

When he has proved himself to be world class, then pay him silly money but until then, he will just have to slum it and get by on 150k a week.
If he’s struggling on that, he could always get a paper round to supplement his income.

My point was more that they don’t care if they pay him £150k or £300k a week so then you definitely pay him rather than lose him. The difference, say £150k/w is £20m in three years, they can sell him for double that three years from now either way no doubt, homegrown, schooled at Man U and 25yo, easy. And then you just buy yourself the chance of him becoming great which could happen, you never know.

1 Like

I agree, and I’m glad they’re paying him that much because there will be plenty of other players at the club thinking they are worth at least the same.
I just think it’s a bit unnecessary but if it unsettles their other players then I’m all for it.

Rashford’s a good young player but not 300k worthy.

If he had just been their top goal scorer for two seasons running then could understand, but 300k for potentially becoming a world beater? Nah mate.

1 Like

£15.6m a year for a 21 year old :poldi:

This fucking game man, this fucking world!

2 Likes

Does anyone know how much he was on before this contract renewal?

Not that it matters too much for Man Utd given their stature but that is just ludicrous. 21 years old and already on the upper echelon of the wage tier.

Shame it’s practically impossible for these dicks to run out of money because they’re trying really hard to waste as much as they can.

3 Likes

Fair play to Rashford’s agent :slight_smile:

The only good thing I can see from this is them showing the world they aren’t afraid to pay young players top wage, which may get them first dibs on the world’s best upcoming players in the future.

1 Like

United have Luke Shaw on 160K a week and Martial on a reported 250K.

As I’ve said it’s par for the course, football just doesn’t work in what you’d say is realistic. If United held out where else is Rashford going?

No one else is paying him that kind of money, but in football they have the little checklist: English international check, young player check, has some “potentialz” check. Yep, dats a 250K ting.

Seen enough from Rashford to say he’s never going to be their undisputed #1 striker, better them than us signing up these decent to good-ish players for world class wages.

3 Likes