Manchester United

Onana is that ball playing keeper but obviously not as good a shot-stopper as De Gea. Lyon asking Tottenham for 70m euros for Ndombele, a worthy Pogba replacement. Piatek as a forward…transfers are easy :wink:

Lukaku leaving will be a massive boost. He’s unbelievably shit.

6 Likes

I remember when everyone was saying OMG OMG OMG we shouldda been getting Lukaku but we were too cheap and you watch 75m will be a snip he is gonna be a monster…yes a monster bellend!

1 Like

I actually don’t remember anybody ever saying that.

3 Likes

Tbf they was mostly people who only watch Arsenal. Anyone who watches other EPL games could see his technique was largely on the donkey side.

1 Like

I don’t think Lukaku is that bad tbh. I think people overplay his technical deficiencies which are certainly there and is quite funny at times but the rest of his game is very good. In the tier below Aguero.

1 Like

He is more than just 1 tier below Aguero. Lukaku rely on his physichal abilities alone, nothing else. Hopefully he will stay at United for years.

Depends on who is on the tier below Aguero but I could relent.

He does rely on his physical capabilities by that shouldn’t be held against him. He uses them well. Few strikers can score as well as he does off either foot. He’s perfectly serviceable despite his technical flaws which as I say are overplayed.

1 Like

Giroud > Lukaku
And that should tell you everything

Lukaku is not that bad.
He scores just under a goal every two games for Man U and quite a bit more for Belgium.
For a player who supposedly has no technique, he’s done pretty well at every club he’s been at.

If you combined Giroud and Lukaku you’d have a top tier striker. As it stands though both are missing an entire half of their game.

Which ultimately leads to them not being good enough to be a solo striker for a top EPL club.

2 Likes

He goes on Giroud-esque droughts and also osnf a big game player.

Not good enough to be the #1 option for a top club, after that last Everton season looked like he had found a new level but it was just a false dawn.

Don’t they miss the same half of their game though? If you combine them, you still don’t get an elite striker :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah they have similar deficiency unless you are talking about the Lukaku’s pace

Nah I rate Giroud’s hold up play and ability to bring others into the game, as we seen for France he can be useful even when he isn’t scoring goals but not every team can accommodate him with Mbops, Griez, Hazards etc. While not an amazing technician his touch and passing can be pretty great at times like that legendary Norwich goal.

Lukkaku on the other hand is a pure predator, using his pace and power to cause havoc in the box and scores about ten more goals a season than he should using his physical attributes, combined with some ruthless finishing. Tap in merchant, poacher call him whatever he gets the numbers up there nearly every season.

Saying that I wouldn’t bet on him being able to control a simple pass or do a quick one two if his life depended on it.

For Everton, Man U and Belgium his ratio of goals scored to games is probably one of the best in the PL.
Over the last few seasons there can’t be many who have a better record than him?
He has to be up there with the best goal scorers of recent seasons both in the PL and International players.

I’m not saying he’s the best, but for a player with limited skills, he is no where near as poor as some people are saying.

2 Likes

Well I’d have our 2 over Lukaku, any of Liverpool or City’s front 4s, Klaim is also 2 levels above

And Lukaku 2018/19 actually dropped off a cliff. He’s become overweight, slower, less coordinated, less workrate and slower. 12 league goals is his worst haul since 14/15 too

1 Like

He will score goals if you build a team around him to constantly play him in. But he will constantly lose the ball, first touch of a rapist and shit technique. He can’t play as part of fluid front 3 so wouldn’t get close to Liverpool or City’s starting line ups.

Really? You don’t remember all of the people pissed off that Manu could get Lukaku and saying that he was the type of striker we should have been all over (apart from the cost of him)

Long ago I termed Lukaku a donkey. He’s a basically an improved Benteke or that American lump who played for Sunderland a while back. Oh yeah, Altidore, who’s hoofing it somewhere in the MLS these days.

1 Like