Manchester United

Good ! Thats them being irrelevant for the years to come :hearts:

It does seem like an appointment they had to make. But to be fair to them, they’ve tried the handpicked by former manager manager, they’ve tried the big name manager, they’ve tried the “I brought on a goalkeeper for a penalty shootout leading everyone to believe I was the greatest manager since Mr Sliced Bread took over at Bakery FC” manager. So might as well give Olé a go.

3 Likes

Ha I remember the hype after that

1 thing is for sure he’s shown how finished Mourinho is

I don’t think that’s necessarily the case I think it was a nightmare appointment for United and it was always going to end this way. I completely believe there is still a top manager in Mourinho he just needs a specific environment to thrive and United wasn’t that.

1 Like

Risky appointment. Everything is just based on some good months. A whole new season is completely different.

Maybe but it seems that Mourinho can’t deal with modern players

José is dun out here breh.

Times have changed and just like Wenger he’s either unable or unwilling to adapt. Either way he’s past it big time.

OGS doesn’t move the needle for United IMO, he’s proved himself quite capable but they need someone more seasoned and with a better track record. Nostalgia will only get you so far in this game. Time will tell but I’m not mad at this apportionment.

2 Likes

Just thought this was mildly amusing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That will make him wanna destroy United eh…Liverpool rivalry will be great haha ‘you made him homeless’

He deserved his appointment, but I’m just not sure how well it will work out long term, although I think he’ll do better than Moyes, LVG and Jose.

2 Likes

Actually the United job was only the 2nd time van Gaal failed in a career that had begun in the late '80s.

United’s main problem is that the dressing room tends to lose the faith in the manager very soon. A couple of bad results and Ole might finish like Mourinho next season.

Spurs the most delighted tbf, Madrid and United with new managers in place, Pochettino for another season at least?

Surprised they gave him the job permanently when they could have easily waited until the end of the season.

He’s done well so far but there is no doubt in my mind that they would dump him instantly for Pochettino.

Convinced SAF is holding his hand behind the scenes.

1 Like

He can change certain players in that dressing room though and probably will imo.

Fair point. Can he attract the right players though?

I’ll be interested to see if he does top a Europa League, FA Cup and second placed finish, if we take those to be the three high points of life under Jose.

That’s true, although I’m not sure he’ll get the chance at Europa League glory so it could be hard to judge :thinking:.