Manchester United

Yeah fucks me off how people compliment his (Giggs) longevity when Maldini was winning champions leagues from the start to the end of his career. I’ve seen many people compare them and it’s ridiculous. Best left back of all time, easily top five defender of all time, 1/2nd best Italian of all time or a player who’s not even top 20 in premier league history.

4 Likes

I love this. Such truth and savagery. :grin:

1 Like

Fuck Giggs, has the morals of Osama Bin Laden. Bergkamp is a Saint, cheeky cunt.

2 Likes

Giggs is one of the few people who, although I haven’t met, can safely say I fucking despise. Even putting the whole affair with his sister-in-law aside, which isn’t easy, the fact the he then went on with that super injunction bullshit proves he’s a self confirmed mega cunt. He had the fucking temerity to happily watch people go to prison for telling the truth about him. The only grain of comfort comes from the fact that he clearly knows he’s a cunt and has to spend his life knowing that everyone else must think that too, despite the sycophants. What an entitled stain on humanity.

6 Likes

Good. Lets see how he does over a full season

2 Likes

these lot really do not learn do they? He already looks like he is crumbling…he might make it through this season with a good tenure on paper, but next season you watch then drop like a stone again.

His extended honeymoon period was probably the best thing that could happen for the other top six fans. Will delay them for another year or two from appointing an actual game changer like Simone or Allegro

3 Likes

If he gets the job will be very interesting to see how he fairs when the task isn’t finishing in top four it’s spending big and competing for the title over the next few seasons, the run he’s had couldn’t have gone any better but expectations will be totally different if he gets the gig permanently.

Will also be a totally different level of expectation for all their players particularly Pogba who some laud as one of the very best in his position.

4 Likes

Better for us. The only bad thing is that Pochettino is probably stsying at Tottenham now.

Sometimes bringing in an inside guy who knows the clubs footballing philosophies helps. Ole can impart some of the techniques SAF used and share experiences of the glory years of the club. As a player he was also a good student of a match and scored a ridiculous number of goals coming off the bench. Including the CL winner.

:henry2:

6 Likes
1 Like

Yep, may they become a perennial mid-table club after their honeymoon ends.

I think it’s the right appointment to be honest with you. He made it almost impossible for them to consider anybody else.

2 Likes

That is true: 14 Wins, 2 Draws and 3 Losses are good stats. But, let’s see when the going gets tough and the results get shittier, if he has got the mettle to turn it around.

1 Like

So possibly the richest club in Europe makes a decision to keep their interim manager and give him the job full time after only being in the job for fourteen games.
He has lost his last two matches, what if he loses or draws his next few matches and they don’t get a top four place?

I don’t understand why Man U wouldn’t wait until the end of the season.
It’s not as if any other top European club are after him.

1 Like

I think he showed enough with wins away at Spurs and Arsenal and continued progression in the FA Cup and most importantly - turning around a deficit to beat PSG in Europe.

Either way he’s done way more than I think most expected of him so he definitely deserves the chance to lead United forward into next season.

2 Likes

He has, I agreed with you, gave you even his stats which don’t lie. But, let’s be real, eventually a barren spell will come for him as well and that is where he will show us if he is the real deal or just the proverbial fresh wind, fresh results for taking over after a very dire morale courtesy of the manager before him.

1 Like

I agree that the real test of his mettle will come when the team go through a rough patch. But I’m convinced he’ll be more successful than any post Fergie manager has been and that’s because fundamentally he understands what is expected of him. He’s going to give players like Martial and Rashford a platform to continue to thrive. He’ll continue to play Pogba in his best position and he’ll almost certainly request a few players in the summer.

United have a strong squad and I think the counter attacking brand of football that Ole will play will make United successful in Europe and tough to beat in cup competitions in general.

Either way we’ll see. I actually rate Ole as a manager and think he was unlucky at Cardiff because he went to a club who didn’t have the right players to match his philosophy. It’s totally different at United and it shows in the results.

1 Like

Let’s see indeed! Just for banter I hope he fails miserably and they become a mid table club till the end of times.