Manchester United v Arsenal (PL)

Does the article say how many teams have more than 5?

Read it and you’ll find out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s a strange old stat at Old Trafford tbf.

Between 1993 and 2004, we had the second best record there of all PL teams (bettered only by Chelsea).

The stat looks damning, but it’s about the time span they use.

It gets even stranger this Sunday. We’re due a win there, but they’re due a PL win against us :man_shrugging:

Yeah I have noticed that regarding this blokes predictions, I do remember he rarely predicting them to lose in the 2010-2016 period where they only had one good season in 2014 :rofl:.

1 Like

Yeah my first few years as an Arsenal fan our record at Old Trafford was relatively good, we used to never lose at Stamford Bridge in those days either.

2 Likes

I dont like Arteta’s tactics at home against teams lesser talented but away at old Trafford I wouldnt mind a lot of defenders to try and shut down their forwards. My lineup:

-----------------------Leno-------------------
Mustafi---------Gabriel-------Tierney
Bellerin-----Dani-----Partey----AMN
--------------------Willock--------------------
--------Auba----------------------Saka-----

Fuck it let Willock start and thats because he’s a tireless runner who can actually play b2b. He might fluff his chances but I do like him helping definsively. Pack the midfield and let Auba and Saka try to cause some havoc up top. Still kinda unsure about who else to use in midfield tbh (spoiler alert…its gonna be Xhaka :expressionless::expressionless:) but its Joe or Elneny and I think one of them at least brings some youthful exuberance to the team.

:xhaka:

1 Like

Strange you get 5 wins and one you lose two points on.

1 Like

Arteta the dirt pounding flat brain actually chose Mustafi over Papa, so im afraid our options are as follows:

Soares, Kolasinac, and Mustafi. Honestly pick your poison.

1 Like

Well lads, I had a great time last night.

Even though it was Dundalk, I doubt Lacazette would have scored Vs them.

Hope you are all looking forward to more of this:

We’ve had chances to win against some really shite United sides over the past few years.

More than doable to get 3 points, but I fear the weight of history makes these things more difficult. But with no fans, surely this is a great opportunity for us. Fucking Maguire is in defence, we just need to get at the cunt and we’ll be rewarded

2 Likes

Lacas gonna get at him all right :henry2:

1 Like

Gotta hope Arteta and Auba have had a conversation and sorted things out.
Auba can sort this by just roving across the line. Please no more moping on the wing. Got the ability and need the inclination now to show him the mistake if he’s left out wide.

If we want any sort of hope of finishing top 4 and finding the form to do that this season then I think we simply must avoid defeat in this match.

Arteta seems to like his wingers keeping the width.

If you saw the game last night, esp in the 2nd half, Nelson and Pepe were hugging the touchline.

And if you ask, ‘well then why the fuck is he asking auba to do this role?!’
Welcome to my world.

Agreed. So we need Auba to be Spartacus then.

Hope not.

Spartacus died earlier this year

1 Like

Maguire’s nickname is the Fridge. Laca gonna attack him like he’s hiding some Swiss cheese and a leg of lamb on him

1 Like

It’s not weight of history, it’s just the terrible decisions we make as an organisation that inevitably run their expected course.

Intrigued at the next nonsense Mikel Scotteta has in store for us this weekend.

This could be the game to define our season.
After a poor start of the season, we had a convincing (but not spectacular) win in the EL.
Back to reality, against the old time rival.
What kind of tactics and formation will the genius put up?
Will he try the youth players since they had a good display in the EL, or he will start the old farts again?
Home or away, doesn’t matter for me.
What matter is, how are we going to play.