Manchester United v Arsenal, 2nd December, 20.00

It’s literally always cautious and scrappy at Old Trafford. I’ve never seen a free flowing game there where it was competitive. Think we would settle for a 1-1 and move if offered now. That’d actually be a solid result considering the table.

2 Likes

I’m expecting a tough game but I think you go for their throats.

What the last months show is that United have zero ability to dictate the flow of matches unless the other side just preemptively rolls over for them and puts 11 guys behind the ball. They can’t keep the ball when pressed and they’re terrible at getting the ball back.

I think this is a match where Arteta has to back himself and his team to play the style he has been developing - don’t throw everybody forward recklessly, but press them aggressively, try to dominate the ball and territory, and just live with the fact that they’ll have a couple chances to counter when players like Gabriel, Tomiyasu, and White will have to play in space against their forwards. That’s what we bought those guys for.

2 Likes

We should do what we did to the spuds and go at them from the beginning, this Utd team will fold. If we sit back and defend then it will give them an in to the game.

3 Likes

They 100% will, hoping to bait us into some stupid stuff… need to keep our heads and just grind this sucker out. They are not good right now, despite surviving against Chelsea (basically the xg was 2.35 to 0.56)… it was only an absolute gift of a goal that gave Utd their foothold.

We should win this, although it is at OT and we will prob get dodgy pen against us, which is why I fear a draw.

Time to get some consistency going again - important match if we want to start to align ourselves with the top 3 vs. bottom 17 (none of which are any good).

I get the feeling this may be revisited come 2210 on Thursday night. I’d say it’s realist more or less, a draw isn’t bad for us as it keeps our 5 point gap on United and we’re away from home. Sadly we just aren’t good enough to go to these places and demand wins yet IMO, who do the betting agencies have as favs out of curiosity ?

Aussie already erect at the thought of a negative outcome to the match.

2 Likes

Just being realist and think the match is a very high chance of a draw, but if anyone is more likely to win it it’s United and as usual I’ll probably be begrudgingly correct :sob:.

2 Likes

Bet that aroused you just to type it :joy:

4 Likes

I’m aroused to see you make an appearance on a non matchday tbh

6 Likes

HAHAHAHA :joy:

3 Likes

Hey hey, there’s the OA Award ‘Get a room’ winners right there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Straight facts. Fuck these cunts

(Yes yes united won a European trophy in that spell, let’s not use all the facts, ok?)

6 Likes

Hilarious, stands up to absolutely no scrutiny mind you, but a witty piece of deflection.

on Saka…
I am hopeful but we don’t know. Obviously it’s a really short turnaround and the player has to be comfortable playing with a little injury, so let’s see how he is in training.

on whether he thinks Saka could play…
Well, we’re not going to risk our players if we believe that that can obviously go against us. Playing with an injury means that he may have to leave the pitch and when someone has to leave the pitch, I believe that he’s injured, even though he’s willing to continue. That injury can be 24 hours, 72 hours or a year. Bukayo is really willing. He’s been preparing for the last two days because he wants to play and let’s see how he is.

Chance for Pepe? Or will it be Martinelli?

Spot on Strolls . I would say this is a bigger game than the Scousers . Gotta win this .

2 Likes

Start Gabi M

1 Like

Laca and Marti

Don’t want to see Fraudbameyang again

3 Likes

It’s a bigger game because we do have a chance and it’s against a direct competitor. Liverpool we always stood next to no chance and either way they were always likely to finish 15+ points above us.

2 Likes

Brilliant

Exactly.
If we win the games against rivals for top four, like spurs, Man U, Leicester, Aston Villa, West Ham or even Wolves, we have a far better chance of getting in the CL places.

This is why the Man U game is way more important than playing Liverpool because we aren’t challenging for the title.

Beating Man U means we would be eight points ahead of them but losing would mean they are only two points behind and even a draw is acceptable.

1 Like