Manchester United v Arsenal, 2nd December, 20.00

Hopefully we can get a win here. We are definitely performing quite well against the weaker and smaller teams this season, but would love for us to get a win against a big team, after defeats against Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

A win here should properly announce us as a legit contender for top 4.

1 Like
1 Like

Is this the longest we’ve been unbeaten v United at Old Trafford?

I can think 3 straight seasons in 97/98, 98/99 and 99/00. Are we on 3 straight seasons now, too? A 2-2, a 1-1 and a 0-1.

@Stroller @InvincibleDB10 Did we go unbeaten there for a while under Graham in the late 80s and early 90s?

2 Likes

Don’t think so tbh mate. Always seemed to be fairly evened out.

2 Likes

Ah well.

At least we didn’t get beaten there in 1974/75 :blush:

2 Likes

The 1-1 was when Aubameyang was 2 metres onside and they originally called him off ? :joy:

2 Likes

We won in 1990 up there in the league and then drew the next two league visits. But book ended by defeats in the visits before and after.

Big test for us on Thursday and wishing Ole was still in charge.

2 Likes

I can’t remember going unbeaten at their place but at Highbury they would rarely beat us.
Saying that, hardly anyone beat us at home when Adams was captain. :grinning:

3 Likes

Sounds like he was in charge on Sunday even though he wasn’t there. Rumours are he is the one who wanted Ronaldo dropped to the bench. Carrick was really defensive when asked whose decision it was as well, which makes me even more sure that Ralf was calling the shots.

1 Like

You could say, Ralf RangCarrick to tell him what to do.

11 Likes

Yeah seen that to on his post game interview.

But I’m confident we will beat them, Utd are a mess and a lot of their players are lacking confidence. We finish our chances and I think we could come out with a 3-0 maybe even 4 goal win.

Win this, and you’re 8 points clear of United… I’m pretty optimistic about our chances, they are not in the best form and we have got some decent results against them in the last couple of seasons.

2 Likes

I’d be furious if we start this game with too much caution, they’re simply not good, take the game to them and go for the win.

5 Likes

hmm not sure, this United side is pretty lethal on the counter, I don’t think out backline matches up well with United’s forwards

I’m not actually sure what the game plan should be here tbh.

1 Like

They are under a lot more pressure than us because they’re at home and if they lose, there are five clubs just below them that could overtake them.
It’s even possible they could be in the bottom half of the PL, which I can’t remember happening before, not after so many games.

Playing united in a different guise than under Ole team now. Already had two positive results since the sacking.
Degree although small in the performances theres a pressure lifted. Fans will be up for it and its a tough game.
We need a performance after Liverpool. A wins a big ask and would gladly take the point. Its a must not lose for me.

4 Likes

I’d take a draw and like you say, we really don’t want to lose this.
Man U and spurs are our biggest rivals for the top four places, so these are the games where we need to get points and certainly not lose.

I think we might do it so I’ll go 2-2 with Aubameyang and ESR to score.

1 Like

I would never take a draw. It’s just so defeatist. We can beat this lot!

1 Like

We can but we won’t - we lack that killer instinct that Utd have everytime they play us - game raising bastards !? Lets hope they don’t do the usual kick us off the park !?