Manchester United

Would be pretty swell if Bournemouth beat Howe’s £800m assembled Newcastle side this season

2 Likes

Might be worth a watch just for the Man United bashing

3 Likes

How many midfielders did they sign the entire time Pogba was there?

Never got him a competent midfield lol

Surely the United offer was higher than Juve?

1 Like

Yep, had to be.

(And don’t call me Shirley)

4 Likes

Fred
McTominay
The Corpse of Matic

What’s wrong with that group? Why couldn’t Pogba drag them to glory?

Probably spending too much time on his hair.

To be honest Pogba underwhelmed whilst at United.

Best for both to part ways for the second time :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

McTom came through the academy.

Respect Carrington

Stat pad penalty merchant Bruno.

1 Like

I love that the Pogba circus carries on dragging them through the mud, even upon leaving them.

Keep it going Paul, I’m really interested in how you feel.

1 Like

I like the fact how he deludes himself that he’s not in the mud.
Yesterday’s news this man. Long way back for him and he’s going too need top talent around him to get anywhere back.

3 Likes

Don’t agree with this at all. He had genuine interest from City, PSG, Juventus and Real Madrid.

Still clearly considered a high level talent

2 Likes

What players don’t require top talent around them?

Gareth Bale plays well for Wales. Roy Keane made his name in a relegation season at Forest. Alan Shearer got a mega transfer from Southampton. You really need me too carry on or do you want too make an actual point.

1 Like

I was surprised with the City interest. I don’t buy that he rejected the move though because of Utd. His statements if anything show he’s bitter with them and I reckon he would love to stick the knife by joining City.

Their interest was genuine apparently but who knows how much they offered in terms of wages

Seems he wants out of the UK though, tired of that kind of pressure and spotlight perhaps

1 Like

I wonder what he thinks of his time now his time at United is up?

I think he is clearly a top level player and I feel like he might feel like he would have wanted more of a legacy, as he’s in his peak years now as a midfielder. Says as much that he was happy to sit on a big contract rather than focus on the accolades you would assume a top level player would want to achieve (world cup with France aside).

International football is a different game.

Giving me two examples from back in the day doesn’t really convince.

I think people are generally down on Pogba because he cost a lot and has a very outsized social media presence but all great players need at least good players around them. United fumbled the bag with respect to building their midfield.

I’d honestly rate Theo Walcott’s contribution to Arsenal ahead of Pogbas to United. That’s the level we are talking for me when Pogba should be at a Keane/Shearer level.

4 Likes

You only need top talent around you to win things, not to perform individually at a high level. Cazorla had that useless lump Coquelin next to him and performed well. Fabregas dealt with rubbish like Denilson and a raw Song/Ramsey and still performed at a high level.

3 Likes