Manchester United

I enjoyed it for what it was.

Worth the watch.

2 Likes

Don’t know when people are going to wake up here.
Top English teams don’t do academy building sides.
United did have a good crop but invested heavily to rightly get the maximum out of them.

1 Like

Chelsea are probably the closest thing the EPL has to a RB model. They just never bring any of those guys through, just sell them off for ridiculous fees.

I’m sure Joel Glazer would be perfectly happy with that set up.

They just got to clear the trash. Both United and Arsenal have a issue with hanging onto bad (or can’t cut the mustard) players too long.

All bad players do is tank your season because you can’t rely on them anyway so their value as a ‘squad option’ is null because you really don’t wanna play them if you can.

4 Likes

Showing your age there mate :rofl::rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Lol :wink:

I’m younger than you, but I’m still an old man haha

2 Likes

Yeah watched it a while back it’s entertaining and reminds of the Sting which I Also saw at the beginning of the pandemic. No where near as smart or entertaining but definitely a good watch and better than a lot of crap out there.

Solid 7/8 out of 10

1 Like

I can remember watching an unedited version of the Sting years ago. It starts off (in the opening deception) with a really bad racial slur which kinda put me off the film completely.

I have watched the full film since then but it just hasn’t been the same.

1 Like

I didn’t notice that when I watched, probably cut it out but got to take that stuff in the context of the time it was made I suppose.

I really liked it though thought it was thought out really well and even though I’m usually good at calling twists and plots the sting got me at the end.

1 Like

Won the best picture Oscar in 1973 ya know.

Shocking, really, given that Enter the Dragon came out the same year (and Papillon and Magnum Force and Live and Let Die and High Plains Drifter)

1 Like

That’s fucking strong list of films, got say personal favourite out of the lot is Magnum Force.

1 Like

A man’s gotta know his limitations

3 Likes

Classic, it’s funny how many lines and sayings from these old school movies get used today and most people don’t even have a clue.

2 Likes

One of my favourite quotes ever :+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

No chance :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

They think they are better than they are also, which leads to dressing room spirit problems.

1 Like

Debating this with a friend that supports Man Utd.
What’s their best team with the current set of players?
For me, with their defence and respective personnel they simply can’t use 4atb.

For me their best team is with 3atb and specifically a 3-5-2.
--------------------DDG----------------------
--------Bailly-Varane-Maguire------
Sancho-McTominay-Fred-Shaw
--------------------Bruno--------------------
-----------Cavani—Ronaldo-----------

LOL, Pogba excited. :rofl:

This works for me

these lot don’t learn do they…if that is genuine i am all for it.