Manchester United

Did they stand to lose him for nothing? I can’t wrap my head around this one because like you say who else is going to come in and snap him up on big wages

If you’re 21 and people are still talking about your potential it is quite unlikely you’ll ever fulfill that potential. He’s potentially world class but he’s never gonna be in reality.

1 Like

nowhere near good enough (or is going to be) to be earning that kind of money, they want him as the next Wayne Rooney but that’s never going to happen, since his breakout few months he hasn’t exactly done much else and that was a few years ago now

All this talk of spending £80m on Maguire - Atalanta are willing to part with a better defender in Mancini for €30m.

There’s significantly better value out in other European leagues.

2 Likes

I think at this point they’ve spent 2 years scouting Maguire and if they still like what they see then they may as well just do it.

Maybe they’ve bought into that “nobody wins the league without English defenders” shite people were peddling a few years back.

1 Like

Or they have this misplaced idea that for success it has to be important to have some sort of ‘visible’ identity hence they are signing English players. James, Wan-Bissaka, now Maguire…

They can’t sell him when he’s on 300k a week unless he progresses

The Rashford contract reminds me so much of the Theo contract after the Sign da Ting Saga of 2013.

The club couldn’t afford to let Rashford go so they overpaid.

2 Likes

He’s one of their own though and 21, so what happens when he’s 23/24? £350k? And then 26/27? 500k? If they want to keep him this same logic surely applies down the line.

I can’t believe he’s walking away from say, a £170k offer.

With their current wage structure they’re going to see the same problems we have. Every player due any renewal is going to ask for £200k minimum. Even if they’re rich as fuck, that’s surely not sustainable.

2 Likes

This is what Sanchez has done

4 Likes

If this was true De Gea would be on about £8435k a week

1 Like

At least De Gea is worth the money.

The rest of those jobbers though…

Money was never an issue for Utd, overpaid players don’t change a thing, which is a shame, their mishandling of funds would cripple any other club.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is that we couldn’t make any transfers because our wage bill was too high, which was against FFP rules, yet Man U are paying about what Ozil is earning to about five players.

Don’t the same rules apply to clubs with a Manchester in their name?

They earn loads more than us

1 Like

It depends on club revenue too, there’s no salary cap which all clubs must stay under, we all know where a big part of CIty’s revenue come from, but brand /marketing wise we’re not playing in the same league as Utd unfortunately.

1 Like

Their income is far higher especially from their sponsors it is the increase of income it can only increase by a certain percentage each season relative to their income and their income is massive and they are always shipping players too so they can increase by massive amounts and it doesnt touch them. Us on the other hand with how piss poor our commercial income is etc and us being out of the cl and how bloated our wages are for utter shit leaves very little wriggle room

1 Like

I haven’t been able to figure out if it’s definitely true yet but I read somewhere that the FFP rules haven’t been renewed for next season.

Didnt know there was a date on it, thought it was rules and that was it kinda like the offside rule thought it was just written into the epl rulebook and that was that

The tweet below is probably a better way of thinking about transfers. £90m is still a crazy fee but it shows how much these clubs are earning.

3 Likes