Manchester City

What a job this man has got

3 Likes

the guy on right side??

3 Likes

Any thoughts on the mass exodus at City?

This was probably their first one in years, and even in previous occasions it was moreso a clean-up by the new manager taking over(Mancini, Pellegrini and Pep).

It’s something they needed to do.

These demanding and high intensity coaches like Pep need a refresh in personnel every so often if they are to stay longer than your average coach who does a three year stint if that at a PL club.

They will be better for it.

1 Like

Yeah, I get a refresh but Sterling, Fernandinho, Jesus, Ake and Zinchenko among others is a bit much.

I wonder if they replace them all.

Fernandinho was finished, Ake is shit and Zinchenko is replaceable for them.

Sterling game time was on the slide and Jesus has been replaced. I’d argue the only addition they need to make is probably a new left back and a new wide man.

2 Likes

Well theyve already got Philips for Fernandinho, maybe Cucurella for Zinchenko, Haaland for Jesus as well as Alavarez and I think Grealish might absorb some of Sterlings minutes. They might need another CB if Ake does go but thats really it.

Its quite a few players but they’re all replaceable tbh

They seem to be recruiting well and Cucurella may be next, don’t think they’ll miss a beat.

They’re selling a few players but they have plenty of quality coming in as well.
Sterling, Zinchenko, Jesus and Fernandinho are all decent players but realistically they are surplus to requirements.

Haaland is replacing Jesus, Phillips is coming in for Fernandinho who is way too old and Zinchenko is a squad player.
As for Sterling, he’s still a top player but they have more than enough attacking players to choose from and he probably wants more regular first team football.

But if they’ve got any more players they want to get rid of, then they are more than welcome to send them our way.

While I like some of those players, City won’t miss them. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure and all that. It’s just squad management. Nothing more to it really.

2 Likes

I think they Certainly need another wide man, the only exit they’ve allowed to happen that has really surprised me is Sterling. If the Argentinian they’ve signed doesn’t hit the ground running it could be slightly problematic if they don’t sign another wide man.

Philips is no Fernandino either. Be interesting on how he goes.

Pretty much just a reliable body in midfield they’ve got Rodri so won’t even need Phillips much

1 Like

Most underrated player in the league. Absolute lynchpin for City. Would be interesting to see what they would become without him.

Though in fairness to Pep he knows how to talent spot for that position like an absolute boss

4 Likes

Funny thing about Rodri is that he was branded a flop after a dodgy first season and now he’s basically the consensus best DM in the league.

6 Likes

Minus Sterling the name their losing aren’t important. Their squad has gotten better

City running a very efficient outgoings operatation to bypass any FFP worries

1 Like

I think every Pep signing needs a season to settle in. Reason why Grealish could have a big season ahead

4 Likes

Why you do your boy Jesus like that huh

1 Like

The way he didn’t get in team of the season was criminal.

He was one of if not the only consistent outfield player from start to finish last season, was on it from day one all the way to the end and key to City winning the title in multiple ways.

The fact that Thiago got in over him was a farce.

1 Like