Manchester City

its gotta be nice to win stuff but winning every single season with a cheat code has gotta feel so unfulfilling. If you gave yourself unlimited funds on FIFA and you win everything in sight it has to be enjoyable the first time you achieve all of these wins. You keep on playing that way it makes it stale and boring and you have done it all. After that it feels like the game is now totally spoilt for you and you look for something else it doesnt have the same feeling anymore.

1 Like

I reckon not a single City fans cares about how they’re winning - just that they’re winning

6 Likes

But we have the support that deserved the best players.
Man City are just like Chelsea and have gone from being a mid table or lower division club, to an elite European club because they’re being funded by a war criminal.

As much as I despise Man U and spurs, at least their revenue is from their own supporters.

How much money spent do you think it will take for us to win the PL again? Give me a number

And lets just say we did win it due to all that money spent will you moan about cheat codes and it being boring?

how do i know, but i do know as much as i love arsenal (i admit it would be awesome at first) to blow teams away and for a while i would love that we are winning everything. I am just saying that for me after a while (although i have to admit it would feel nice to be winning constantly) it would start to feel hollow to me, although nice it would feel not so special and the club wouldnt feel the same.

Maybe with me, building something special and going through the hard stuff is part of things just blitzing through something and just winning at a pace and skipping all the hard stuff is not the same. I know that sounds like oh you like being punished, but when you go through it and you achieve something its so much sweeter and gives you a sense of pride that you just cant get by just jumping over the other stuff.

1 Like

Exactly.
It’s like someone from a poor background, who’s success was achieved through hard work compared to a talentless moron like Prince Harry, who has fame and money only because he happens to be royal.

Most Man City fans couldn’t care less where the money comes from, as long as they’re successful.
I’m sure Chelsea supporters are the same but both clubs are like lottery winners, they haven’t worked for their success, they’ve had it given to them by dubious owners.

This is why most supporters from other clubs, apart from Man U and Liverpool, don’t mind Man City having success because they are still, quite rightly, considered a nothing club.

1 Like

They may dominate the league as long as United, Pool and Chelsea not investing.
Also once Real, Barcelona find enough money, they will be relevant again.

If Newcastle can find a billionaire owner, other clubs can as well.

Ehhhh. Which one of their signings weren’t already well known?

You could argue that KdB was seen as a bit of a bust from the way he left Chelsea but it wasn’t like they picked him up for 2m from some semi-pro team in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

They buy big name players.

In terms of “personality” maybe that’s the wrong word. I think of Man U and some of those dumbfucks who play/played for them, their awful fans. Chelsea, their war criminal owner, John Terry being a racist, stuff like that.

City? City are just rich. And maybe they mean more to their community. Actually, I’m sure they mean a lot to their community. But I can remember reading an ESPN article about the PL (pre-takeover) and City were described as more or less the New York Mets. A less successful, somewhat hapless team sharing a city with a team that was both historically and culturally significant and successful by orders of magnitude.

So what are they now? They’re just rich. In 20, 30, 40 years they’ll have enough history for my grandkids to dislike them. They’ll have at least one generation of awful entitled fans.

I guess it’s just hard to explain what I mean when I say no personality, but they’re just kind of there. They won the league last year, spent £100m on a player they didn’t need, won the league again and bought the best striker in the world. They’ll probably buy another expensive defender, probably a midfielder, who knows? They’ll win the league again next year, spend another £100m-£200m and just keep going.

I’m sure their fans love it. Although I still don’t understand why they boo the CL anthem. It makes them look extremely stupid imo.

Fernandinho, Cancelo, Rodri, Laporte, Stones, Bernado Silva, Dias to name some. They were either just good players or considered dead wood or unknown quantities. Only when they came to City did and coached by Pep did they truly become top players.

I see what you’re saying about personality to an extent but who really has that in the league? I know what their style and identity is and it is a joy to watch when they’re in full flow.

Should football stay a closed shop with only us, United and Liverpool at the top? Sport is to an extent cyclical, others were going to get their chance especially with owners like ours who were asleep at the wheel for years.

1 Like

True. City brought them from obscurity indeed.

The absolute bullshit you are serving us. Did we turn up as football fans yesterday for you?

1 Like

He’s also been responsible for others producing some of their best football.
Sterling, David Silva,Aguero and Sane and I’d add Gundogan too.

2 Likes

Did I say they were bought from obscurity?

No, don’t think I did

Yes and City & Chelsea came in & took their chance away

For which you continue to be salty about

Get over it brehito, turn that frown upside down

Why should I just sit by and accept terrorist money dictate football?

We can do nothing about it but heck, I would be highly ashamed of myself if i started romanticising it. Fuck that

1 Like

Are you serious?

I think the only one on that list who was an unknown was Fernandinho and that’s only because he played in Ukraine.

I said either they were either:

Good players: Laporte, Bernado Silva, Rodri, Stones
Unknown quantities: Fernandinho
Dead wood: Cancelo

So yeah

I guess. I’m not hating on Pep’s ability to coach or ID talent, though I can see why it might come across that way.

It just feels like watching the Yankees or Dodgers devour the free agent market.

And I’m not saying sports aren’t cyclical. What I’m saying is that at least right now they’re disrupting that cycle because of how much money they have, how they built up that club, the coaching staff, the training complex, the “family” of clubs that can funnel talent back to the mothership. It’s like, yeah, of course they’re winning the league.

Maybe it’s because if Silva or Mahrez or whoever played for Lille or Roma and were the guy every game it would feel different. But at City they’re just a guy in a collection of guys. (I realize that’s what team sports are and that I must sound kind of dumb but I hope that makes sense)

1 Like

By the time 2030 rolls around they’ll likely have equal or more league titles than us :grimacing:. @Darkseid

1 Like

Aguero:

Jesus:

1 Like