Manchester City

Why the heck in the world Pep put Grealish on the field in the beginning?
For what? To score, to keep possession, or to defend?

So Obvious it was because of his attacking, not his defending.
Otherwise he would not (and should not) put Jack on the field.

Jack had one shot clear on the goal line, and one shot barely saved by keeper’s toes… more about unlucky than incapability.

I agree that Grealish could have done a “better” job on closing down his opponents, but I don’t agree that it was really all his fault. We all know his style, and Pep even knows better. He knew what kind of player he was putting on the field.

Grealish is the :goat: timewasting free kick winner.

He came close with a good effort then literally had one cleared off the line. On any other day it might have been a really good substitution that put some spark back into them when they were faltering.

1 Like

Gab and Juls mentioned today that City have struggled a lot after going a goal down.
It is interesting Pepe’s City team doesn’t know how to react in these situation.
It happened with us too when we played them, if we didn’t gift them that pen and got that silly sent off then they wouldn’t have won that game. Could be said that we beat ourselves in that game.

I guess that’s what you get for being a control freak. City looked absolutely clueless when Madrid scored that third goal yesterday. They even had the ball but couldn’t do shit with. They only had one really worthy chance with Fernandinho.

1 Like

Who is going to stop them in the PL?

Guardiola spends 100m on Harland after last season spending 100m on Grealish to go with the rest of the billion pound squad he’s assembled and then wonders why everyone supports Liverpool rather than him. :grinning:

1 Like

Haaland is great and all but I think people need to be a bit more open to the idea of him taking some time to get used to PL and especially Pep’s system.

Pretty much all recent Bundesliga imports have flopped and we’ve just seen a Grealish that everyone was drooling of last season struggle at City.

He’s probably paid about £50m for Haaland. His release clause was in the £60m bracket but according to Guardian they paid significantly less

He’s not like the others.

He’s a legit generational talent, he’s hitting the ground running from the off book it

3 Likes

Interesting to see if this is more a 2017-18 revival where they absolutely dominated the league or a 2019-20 where they still scored 100+ Goals but had too many hiccups.

Oh, he is. But Pep isn’t a normal coach.
He’ll want certain things from Haaland that Haaland isn’t accustomed to. The level is much higher too.
I think he’ll eventually come good but I do see a period of him settling in.

Depends what we mean by acclimatising because I can see him doing that whilst hitting 20 plus league goals

He’s that monstrous

5 Likes

He scores for fun and has a ton of presence. He won’t struggle here.
Confident as hell in himself and going into a winning team like this will be a cakewalk.

3 Likes

Yes, I can see that, he has that potential.
But he won’t be Kane level good instantly. Will probably take him a couple of season to run wild in the league.

I see him in the same mould as Costa in terms of being mentally ready with more ability.
Hit the ground running for me.

1 Like

Playing alongside players like KDB, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Bernado, Rodrigo, etc, for a team that regularly scores around hundred goals a season, I think Haaland will be ok. :grinning:

1 Like

If we can’t win it I am fine with City winning manufactured titles year after year :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

He’s not like those other coaches. He’s a cool coach. He smoked a cigar on IG Live.

Desperately need meme of Arteta smoking a cigar.

Kane must be funming

1 Like

Will this be the difference maker for Pep to break his CL duck without Messi ?