Manchester City

4 Likes

Shocked I am. Shocked.

2 Likes

Sam Lee from The Athletic reported similar yesterday.

Canā€™t believe Grealish is leaving a bigger club for a small club in Manchester lol

Iā€™d honestly stay if I was him and become a club legend.

Itā€™s a classic, bona fide scandal going on at City.

The most blatant fiddling of the books, fake invoices, fake income for a fake fucking club.

It beggars belief that they will get away with it, but theyā€™re literally too rich to fail now.

Chelsea bought their way to the top table before anybody realised how badly they would ruin the game. But these two clubs just sum up everything that is wrong with football.

And now probably Ā£250m to buy Kane and Grealish lol. Whatā€™s the fucking point

5 Likes

And that twat Pep spent a few press conferences talking about how City canā€™t spend over Ā£100m on one player :fu:t3:

2 Likes

Them signing Grealish is just so unnecessary. Theyā€™re going to end up dumping a good player to get him.

Iā€™m not normally one to whinge about them spending money too much but this just feels greedy to me. At least with Kane heā€™d be replacing the supposedly irreplaceable in a market where the players just arenā€™t there and locks that position down for 5 years.

5 Likes

If it happens itā€™ll likely be huge amount of money but end of the day when youā€™re at the top you should be looking to strengthen, they have multiple sellable assets and so if you can balance the books to a degree then why not?

Perhaps they donā€™t get Kane and snag Haaland next season at a snip for Ā£75mil.

United, Chelsea and Liveprool will either be getting stronger through signings or key players being refreshed by having a good break.

If it was us would you think the same?

1 Like

It does seem odd when you look at the lineup Villa could have with Grealish.

Watkins, Grealish, Buendia and Bailey is a great frontline with Traore and El Ghazi as back up.

Heā€™ll just end up doing a Mahrez at City

1 Like

Win multiple titles then? And Mahrez is a key player for them tbh

2 Likes

Win a couple of titles being a key contributor ? Yeah probably

1 Like

Yeah fair, all good points.

I guess personally Iā€™d prefer being a big fish in a small pond than vice versa but money and titles make a difference

Id rather win an FA Cup with my boyhood team that I have supported all my life and come through the youth system to captain the first team and become a club icon than win a premier league at City tbh.

1 Like

Winning the PL with City also means most likely reaching the CL knockouts for the rest of your career and all the glamour and prestige that goes with that.

Iā€™d bet this guy hasnā€™t even played a European fixture in his life?

No way most professionals want to give that up to stick around at the club theyā€™ve already been at for 10 years and try to finish 7th, probably never make any kind of final, then be surprised when Sterling is picked over you consistently for England.

2 Likes

They probably wonā€™t win an FA cup though, 2015 FA cup and 2020 League cup might be as close as they come in Grealishā€™s career.

Yeah could be unlikely but in cup football you never know. As Leicester showed last season

In football terms thatā€™s kinda like hoping for a lottery win.

These guys ainā€™t got that time :joy:

1 Like

Yeah not to mention heā€™s about to earn more at City than he ever would at Villa.

Greater exposure too makes him even more marketable so more money to earn there too.

More money
Trophies
More prestige
Better shot at establishing himself for England
Playing under this generations greatest coach

No fucking brainer lol

7 Likes

I know right ahaha

I do get the appeal of being a one club man but if Iā€™m in the same position Iā€™m out, a footballers career is relatively short. Gotta make the move when it comes calling especially to a team like City.

1 Like

Me too, but only if itā€™s a club thatā€™s winning shit :grin:

2 Likes