Manchester City

I’m really surprised they didn’t sign another top striker in the transfer window.

1 Like

Gabriel will come good when he’s starting often, 20 starts 14 goals 7 assisys last year, he was only 22 for most of it which is a year older than Eddie and he has so much about his game already.

Its just if he can push on and be more clinical, because the way he works that front line is brilliant.

2 Likes

Still loads of time.

3 Likes

Bet they’ll get Eduard or whats his name from Celtic

I thought we were gonna sign him?

In reality, there’s more chance of us signing Edward Woodward

Cheque Book Pep

Only decent one there is Laporte :joy:

To be fair to Walker, he was a key part of 2 excellent league-winning sides, and of course the other domestic trophies won by City in that period.

Mental that they paid almost 60m for Cancelo lol

3 Likes

This list makes Mustafi seem like a decent buy

Shocking. Cheat code club/manager.

Sugar daddy FUT manager.

All this proves is, that although his teams play great attacking football, Klopp is a far better manager in terms of organisation and overall team performances.

Klopp could do what Guardiola has done at Man City but Guardiola could not have done what Klopp has achieved at Liverpool.

It’s the same with Wenger and Mourinho.
Mourinho bought titles being effective but boring with record breaking spending, while Wenger built teams that played attractive football and spent a fraction of what Chelsea did.

2 Likes

Tbf and I don’t like being, City and Peps game is based on possession and attacking.
Think it’s also systematic of the quality of defenders through the world now. Probably at it’s lowest ebb I’ve seen.
Partly to do with rule changes. Footballing keepers and general tactical change.

:clap:

1 Like

Yet again will just throw in Porto to highlight Mourinho has pedigree as a top coach.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t really rate current Jose, but Jose in his younger days was elite, no two ways about it.

1 Like

Mendy was good before the injuries.
Walker and Cancelo would start for most top clubs.

3 Likes

Yep. Injuries ruined Mendy he looked really good before them

Walker and Laporte the only purchases who have proven their value. Crazy when you look at the literal hundreds of millions they’ve spent on just defenders (Mangala and Otamendi who have only left in the past 12 months or so are missing from that list). Tbf Mendy looked top class before that first injury as @A.F just said.

Ake should turn out to be a solid buy too.

When Pep came to City he essentially had to replace the whole back line because it was old and lacking quality, this also coincided at a time in which transfer fees sky rocketed.

Whole thing about talking about Klopp is that he too has spent a lot of money and broke the record for GK and defender. Plus struck gold with TAA and Robertson, the former being a generational talent. He hasn’t been some pauper that’s operated on a shoe sting budget.

People can whine about spending money but the simple fact is that is what football has become, let’s not act like Wenger didnt inherit arguably the best defence in the world at the time.

1 Like

I think this fee was some dodgy accounting situation, with them selling Danilo to Juve for what also looked like an inflated fee (though a smaller one)

1 Like