Manchester City

Your opinion isn’t evidence.

A lot of what I said was trolling I’ll admit but being deadly serious you’ve articulated my thoughts about him perfectly.

I posted more than my opinion but since you’re supposedly “trolling” I guess you missed it.

I don’t think any of that squad deserve a statue.

Kompany would be a good shout.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_64/default.stm?textpanel=report

Good for you…How to end a conversation…by calling someone a liar…when you have no fuckin clue…TWAT!

TL:DR

What is going on? Who C+P a whole page to a post? :rofl:

Firstly, and this is important, I couldn’t give a fuck who city build a statue of the oil state owned horrible cunts.

Secondly, I’d say that for the ten years he was here David Silva pretty much walks into any other PL club bar a couple of examples perhaps. It might not make him an all time great but a PL great none the less. I think it’s obvious city are going to miss him and might struggle to replace him, as they have done the few injuries he’s had along the way.

3 Likes

It’s a Man City statue. Why the hell are some of you people talking about other clubs’ players?

It’s a completely different scenario if Man United, Arsenal or any other club are constructing statues, but this is specifically a MAN CITY statue.

We have a Thierry Henry statue, and he won 2 PLs and 2 FA Cups with us in 8 years. Silva won 4 PLs, 2 FA Cups, and 5 League Cups in 10 years at City.

What is the issue here exactly?

3 Likes

It’s a football conversation, and we are having a chat about it…What’s the feckin problem???

Tidied that up for you there.

Well you are having a silly conversation then because in this case it is Man City building a statue and using one of their most successful players. And yet here you are asking about Scholes and Giggs etc as though that is some kind of benchmark for other clubs of different sizes and histories to determine who they have statues of.

What exactly is your issue? Are you saying City should not build the statue? Or are you suggesting they use a different player? In this case, which player would this be and why this player over Silva?

1 Like

I’m just trying to say that although Silva is a very good player, I think the reaction of most fans towards him is way over the top…However I am very sorry if our conversation comes across as silly to you, and next time i will ask all participants to brush up on their physics, chemistry and anything else that is deemed as serious…I’m very sorry to talk about football on a football forum…Silly me…Jeez!!!

1 Like

But this is a case of one club using a player for a statue. You’ve just been saying he is not a legend. Club legends come in different forms depending on the club.

You are out here bringing up players like Scholes and Giggs etc. Players that play for a different club with a different history, so essentially completely irrelevant.

He was starting in all of their games in EURO 2012, 5 out 6 games in EURO 2008.
I guess I somehow threw him in the WC 2010 too where I see he didn’t play much. My bad. They played so ugly in that WC, that utterly closed/conservative/controlling midfield with Busquets, Xavi, Xabi… That’s all I remembered from it.

But it’s still pretty reckless/inaccurate to dub him as a sub when he was obviously starting in most of their games in those years except for that very WC. We weren’t talking only about the WC, it was about all the medals at that time. Guys like Mata, or even Cazorla couldn’t touch his spot in the NT in those years.

2 Likes

I saw 81 posts and assumed they’d signed Messi.

Thank fuck.

Pretty much what I wanted to say reading through this thread lol

2 Likes

I thought they’ve sacked Pep lol.

But reading through the thread I’m even more shocked seeing Silva being called a fraud, a substitute for Spain, etc.

Guy is a legend for City, that much is not debatable at all. One of the best midfielders in the PL era as well (unless you want to limit it to a top 3 or top 5 lol).

Thank fuck Iniesta has that masterpiece against Chelsea in the CL, or next people will be calling him a fraud based on how poor his goal/assist record is.

4 Likes

He’s a good guy away from the ring.

Fellow alumnus at the same college. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Ozil >>>>> Silva

1 Like

And there it is, was wondering when you’d post that my guy.

Özil at his peak had a higher ceiling imo. But Silva was far more consistent over his tenure at City, and he could be majestic on his day (not taking that from him). However, both are found wanting when it comes to “big game” performances though.

4 Likes

And Fabregas