Manchester City

He was a substitute along with Mata…wow…lets give him a statue outside Old Trafford as well…

1 Like

You’re overrating Scholes. Scholes came before Silva, Iniesta was talking about fellow midgets in the era prior

1 Like

@GC-Maniac a dialogue has been started on twitter too.

People see through John Celva.

1 Like

How about the countless times he hasn’t needed too because of his contribution earlier in games. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

As of right now, nobody can name:

1. 1 good CL performance from Silva.
  2. 1 all-time PL team where he starts.
  3. 1 time where he has stepped up when needed to.

I’m sorry lads, but that’s all I see.

At least John Cena had those CM Punk matches.

Dumb arbitrary criteria.

You clearly don’t understand Silva as a player or the role of facilitator if that’s the best you can come up with.

His influence is not always measured or defined by goals and assists yet despite that he’s still racked up a one in two goal involvement record after a decade in the PL

Talking about “all time prem team where he starts”. Funny as hell I’ll give you that.

3 Likes

Triggering to see Silva and De Bruyne described as “midfielders”.

Fine then. Give me one great example of his amazing ‘facilitating’.

Instead of telling me I don’t understand, make me understand.

A Dave Meltzer 5-star match, no less

1 Like

He does it practically every game, I’m not going to do your job for you bro.

The fact you’re asking tells me you watch little of City which explains pretty much everything.

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s not good enough. Looking like you can’t provide any substantial compelling stuff that moves the needle.

I hate to say it, but it’s looking like he is less John Cena and more Roman Reigns…

[quote=“Electrifying, post:2797, topic:129”]

Roman Reigns is a cunt

I’ve provided plenty of evidence as to why he’s a truly great player , you’re the one posting twitter threads and crappy criteria such as making random PL best 11’s.

It’s all good but yeah I’m done.

what? substitute in the NT? Silva was always one of the first names on their team sheet during their peak years when they were wining back to back EC, WC and EC (again) titles. I’m not even sure whether I understood you… Putting him in the same place as Mata is just pure blasphemy.

2 Likes

(detail: he barely played in the WC, they ran a Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets-Xabi Alonso midfield almost the entire tournament. He maybe had one appearance or so. He was pretty frequent in their EURO Squads though)

1 Like

He was one of the top performers in 2012 euros.

He was a substitute in the final along with Mata…Fabregas was in the team, hey…lets give him a statue as well…
All I’m trying to say is, Silva is a very good player, but not a feckin legend, c’mon…common sense please…

The best thing going for Silva is longetivity.
Great player but I always thought he would have been a better player. Wanted him badly when he was at Valencia but since arriving in the PL he has been good, some times very good but that’s it.
Fabregas, Mata, De Bruyne and Ozil have all had better peaks.
I also never thought he was a game changer for City. I always thought that a couple of players in their title winning sides were more influential.

1 Like

Like fuck Ozil has never been better than him here.
Nobody ever thought of Silva as a cunt. Waste of money or someone who didn’t give a toss.

where did you get that info. you shouldn’t really be talking much about stuff you obviously haven’t witnessed.