Manchester City Vs Arsenal (PL)

Feel like we have enough evidence at this point to see what you’re saying is very true here. Deeply gutted that is the case but nothing suggests otherwise sadly.

Arteta and Ole looking like the two managers snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

2 Likes

I am absolutely not ready to be talking about Arteta and fucking Ole At the Wheel in the same breath just yet, despite how much he disappointed me today.

2 Likes

Couldnt watch the game today, but reading the comments it sounds like a park the bus and counter gameplan for today and it didnt work.
Im not too worried, just very glad that we now got City away and liverpool away done, which are the two most difficult games in the prem.

How did we play ?
I could see the match , was it the same gutless away top 6 performance ?

3 Likes

Solskjaer’s results, since Arteta joined, are better.

2 Likes

Ummm Arteta won a trophy so I don’t know about that.

And that’s assuming both had same set of opponents which they didn’t. Arteta faced more matches against big clubs - 4 matches against Liverpool for instance.

2 Likes

Arteta took over a huge pile of shit mid season, tbh I don’t really a care if Solskjaer’s results have marginally been better at a different club in different circumstances since Arteta took over said pile of shit. I think I’ve seen enough of Solskjaer after almost two years of him being their manager to say he looks like a shit manager who will amount to nothing, I don’t think that about Arteta after him being a football manager for a matter of months.

5 Likes

This was more my way of calling both Arteta and Solskjaer shit.

You’d expect Arteta to get better results, or at the very least better performances (and they’re worse than the results) than managers who are called shit.

4 Likes

Right now Arteta is hipster Ole

We parked the bus but never countered. Everything looked labored AF. Willian at CF didn’t work. It’s entirely possible there was a Tupac style hologram of Pepe on the pitch instead of the man himself. Bellerin had a brain fart for their goal and the worst part is that City didn’t even play that well. At about 70 minutes it was apparent we had zero idea on how to change things. It was a pretty disappointing display.

6 Likes

Yeah, that wasn’t lost on me.

Arteta has been a manager for like ten months and has already won an FA Cup. His points total since taking over was more than respectable considering he took over an Arsenal side in the worst shape I’ve ever seen in my time supporting the club. He’s improved the defence almost instantly, which has been an issue for as long as I can remember. Now the challenge is to kick on from that good start and show he can improve the midfield and attack. If he can’t, then I’m OK calling him shit. But the season is like five games old, I’m not going to give up all hope in him already.

I just think I’ll give him more than ten months before I call him a shit manager and lump him in with Solskjaer, who has been a manager for like five times as long as Arteta.

Fine if you think he’s shit already though, of course. I’m willing to reserve judgement.

3 Likes

Just wondering, in what sense and reason why he put Willian ahead of Auba in central. Fifa 21?
Arteta looks like a smart person, but a lot of times smart people just outsmart by themselves.
They like to overthink and over analyze.

They was there for the taking we couldve had them on a better day but luckily they didnt seem too seitched on either. If kdb was playing i think it wouldve been a heavier defeat!

Does anyone think Leno’s save didn’t help pushing the ball back into a danger area straight at the opposition and putting it on a plate ?

4 Likes

I think @DavidHillier mentioned this in the thread at the time of the goal, you could argue it but I do think it’s pretty harsh on him.

1 Like

Problem is Leno always spills his shots, like ever since he’s been here that’s been one of his major weaknesses. In that regard Martinez was a lot better as he always tried to catch it regardless of the pace of the shot coming at him. Last season when our goal was getting bombarded by shots Leno was parrying nearly every shot coming at him!

Also a pass map of the game for those interested.

4 Likes

That is actually what a tumour looks like under a microscope.

2 Likes

No one passed to Pepe?

1 Like

Thats pretty funny that our attack is so lackluster the only chances we created was from Xhaka just punting long balls to Auba and hoping he can run on to them and make something happen :joy::joy: also interesting to see Saka as our most progressive player from midfield. Yikes what has Arteta done to this team :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

What do people think on the Aguero incident at the weekend ?