Manchester City Vs Arsenal (PL)

Quiz ? - What was different about the pitch for the game on 1/3/18?

City 3-0

Comfortable City win. 4-1

So we’ve lost our last 4 home games against them by an aggregate score of 0-11 :laughing:

2 Likes

They must be shit scared that we are away to them. They must think we might even score and I bet they don’t get any sleep because of that.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

If we play like we did against Everton and West Ham we will lose by a few goals.
West Ham were unlucky not to get a coup[le of goals and Everton could have had more.

Man City have players that won’t waste those sort of chances so we aren’t going to keep a clean sheet and we’ll have to hope that Arteta knows enough about his former team to get us at least competing with them.

Colour related.

Because of the heavy snow it was green pitch markings not the usual white.

Blue, mate. Camouflaged green lines would have been entertaining though.

1 Like

Arsenal tend to play better against better teams so I think we will scrape a draw but it will be hard fault.

Did sky just say if we beat Manchester City Liverpool win the league?

@DavidHillier in turmoil now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that to be honest. They’re going to win the league anyway, so would rather them win it when they’re not playing. That would be a little annoying for them, you don’t get that “we’ve done it” moment at the end of the match.

4 Likes

Yeah, gotta agree with Phoebs on this. Gotta be selfish. We need the win, then smash Brighton too (who are like our Man City of the south)

After that, hope Spurs beat Man Utd on Sunday

@CliftonGeraldi

You got 3 day to start spreading that coronavirus and stop the darkest timeline.

1 Like

That could be awesome in a way.

They get knocked out by mi Atleti on the night they’re champions. What a damp squib!

Please make it happen :joy::joy:

1 Like

It looks like Man City are concentrating more on the CL, than worrying about the runners up place which they are pretty certain to get, so maybe we can get something out of this game.

It will be interesting to see the reaction Arteta gets from the supporters because, since he left, they haven’t been doing as well as they had been.

He’ll be roundly booed.

There’s a feeling he shirked his duties up there when he was linked with us.

They also saw him as the true, organic successor to Pep (whenever he leaves) so there is a sense of betrayal

I think Atletico will do it.

I have a funny feeling they might win it with all the big teams being in transition

2 Likes

I think by now it’s probably a sense of relief

2 Likes