Man City v Arsenal (PL)

Think we will win, I’d put in Smith rowe for Pepe in that line up above. The way he glides across the pitch always moves and can connect everything together with ode would help us push forward.

Last Arsenal game I watch as my contracts are cancelled at the end of the month. Hopefully it’s a good one lol.

This has to be lineup IMO as the pace of that front three is more important than what Smith-Rowe would offer on and off the ball. We have only one real shot and that is to slide our front players in on the break. Can’t see us having any major spells of possession and we’re weak against the press anyway.

Odegaard, Lokonga and Xhaka can all pick a pass in that midfield. They just need to not fear playing it through the middle. Auba is the best runner in the business.

We have a glimmer and if we pull off a major upset or at least play threatening attacking football even if we lose we can thank the warm up of WBA for raising our level.

City should just be too good though. I think it’ll be a 3-1 loss but a better performance.

2 Likes
1 Like

If they could just get another 17 injuries then we’ll be all set

8 Likes

KDB always gets a hard-on against us for some reason.

Different times

1 Like
1 Like

So glad Willian and Runarsson are back in training. They could be really useful.

8 Likes

City don’t need any other help. At least we don’t have to face CRON and KDB

Feel like we have a chance here…

Hope Odegaard, Auba etc have belief and confidence they can exploit any openings against City’s high line.

1 Like

It’s the hope that kills you, man. Don’t do it to yourself.

1 Like

Lol, we don’t stand a chance let’s be honest

2 Likes

Early enough in the season and teams not fully in the groove yet.
A big game from Odegaard and a tightening up on last week and IF we play Auba up front we can get a draw.
They’ll score but see a mistake in their defence giving us a 2 2 draw.

Could it be that the Ronaldo situation unsettles them too?
As you said they’re not fully in their groove yet. Didn’t look particularly good against Leicester and Spurs.
They started off the league poorly last season as well.

1 Like

Yes a bit yeah. Players at the club not a 100 percent focused is possible with the window days from closing.
There selection will be interesting.

I’m going to this one :grin:

2 Likes

Isn’t this called “competition”??
I don’t know how the CR7 transfer would affect them in a negative way… maybe on one or two attacking players, but absolutely this will bring more positive than the opposite and help them to win.
They are bringing in a player that improves the team.

I’d rather see this kind of “distraction” than seeing Arteta starting Kola/Willian kind of distraction.

Missing out on Kane and watching your city rivals get Ronaldo…feel like fan morale will be a bit sketchy and an awkward atmosphere in the stadium. No KDB as well? A rare opportunity to upset the odds. A real chance to take advantage and get our season up and running.

4-0 City.

16 Likes

How would feel if you were Sterling, a prominent member of a very successful City the past 5 years, being offered around to Spurs so City can bring Kane, a player he outshone during the Euros?

If we are to believe the reports then City wanted to then sell Sterling to get Ronaldo until Man Utd showed up.

There are a couple of players in that team that have been rumoured to be “surplus” or that they’re unhappy for months now.

There is definitely some drama that could be brewing over there.

5 Likes

I saw a similar discussion on the Odegaard thread…
People questioning his mentality for “not” staying at Real and fight for a spot.

Well, if you do believe Sterling is a player with strong mentality, he will put this aside and fight for a spot at City.
If he is weak, then who cares be honest?
City doesn’t want a weak ass player on their team anyway.