Luis Campos

Depends on how much control he’ll get.
I can’t see how that will work with Florentino micromanaging the fuck out of him.

2 Likes

I’m banking on Campos having a big fish small pond mentality. It’s kinda reflected in his past choices for clubs tbh, he likes to build from the ground up and he wants full control.

He’s not going to get that at Madrid, if we offer a big wage, contract and give him the keys to the entire club I’m convinced we can get him.

6 Likes

Saw this thread had new posts, of course it was @sevchenko :joy:

3 Likes

There was once room for Edu and Don Raul so no reason there can’t be room for Edu and Campos, depending on roles.

1 Like

Who would be responsible for bringing this dude in, Vinai?

am not much bothered about Real. Their policy doesn’t really need Campos, but here he would actually be doing what he likes.

1 Like

That’s the problem. I don’t think Vinai has the power. It would probably have to be Kroenke himself or maybe that lawyer he hired last summer and put on the board Tim Lewis.

This would be our most important signing of the summer if it happened though.

1 Like
1 Like

Their policy going forward REALLY needs Campos tho. Madrid’s finances are getting so desperate that they tried to break away from UEFA and create their own super league with a salary cap so they can compete with PSG, City, Chelsea, ect. Campos would be a coup for them.

If you read interviews with Campos, it becomes clear that his real passion is for scouting players who are lesser known, finding diamonds in the rough, and then putting them into a situation where they can grow into big players.

You can’t really do that at a club like Real Madrid. The supporters don’t want a bunch of unknown signings and the managers are under such pressure that they’re not going to give an unknown 21-year-old a run of games because they need to have results now. They have had difficulty even giving games to very well known talents from their own academy like Hakimi or to young players bought for big prices to massive fanfare like Rodrygo. They’re not going to give chances to Luis Campos’ new 3m find from Ligue 2.

4 Likes

Are Arsenal arguably the biggest club that you could get away with that sort of thing? I feel like from the Wenger years we’re a forgiving bunch and we’d still be happy to have a team of mostly cheap youngsters making some mistakes if the talent and project was clearly there.

8 Likes

Dortmund another example?

1 Like

Doesn’t this guy work closely with corrupt agents like Mendes? Questionable transfer fees, that somehow don’t appear to benefit the clubs he’s working for.

I think we have that going on anyway with some of the dubious signings we’ve made recently.

If he is dodgy, as long as he makes us successful, it doesn’t matter too much.

Let’s face it, what club isn’t dodgy at this level of football?
Especially the successful clubs.

1 Like

All the buzz is that Madrid are getting him by the way. Of course they are getting him instead of us. The fans need more pain is what I always say :sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

A bit of context, Madrid were really interested in him and at some point were the favourites to get him.
Fucking massacre here.

Madrid winning the CL now is inevitable…

1 Like

My chest!!!

1 Like

Luis Campos thread gets revived and @sevchenko is right on time for his guy :grin:

2 Likes

Its embarrassing Mbappe knows how to run a club better than KSE ffs

PSG to win a CL by 2025

1 Like

you really believe this, bwahaha nah man they aint winning anything barring their titles in that tinpot league. Too many egos too little brains.

1 Like