Lucas Torreira

Yeah I was wrong about Torreira, I thought it was going to be a really good signing, as it turns out I don’t think it was a bad signing but we just simply got what we paid for.

1 Like

Yea you were wrong yet again. You a starting to become a consistent fraud im affraid.

3 Likes

I’ll still back Torreira as being a good footballer just needs someone who’s system he fits and will use him properly. I’m still unhappy we never got to see him at Arsenal in the role he plays best, so strange really.

3 Likes

Remind him about Klopp aussie.

2 Likes

I prefer not to speak, If i speak I’m in big trouble and I don’t want to be in big trouble.

1 Like

This basically for me.

1 Like

Wtf are you on about? Torreira was always a DM, even before he actually arrived here. I don’t recall him being touted as some creative influence?

I’ve brought up the receipts and quoted them in this thread before, they exist.

1 Like

Even Coquelin was better.

3 Likes

Even coq au van could have done a better job than Coquelin

Definitely, we need to see how he gets on at Italy. It’s very possible to be a great player and to come to either us or United and not set the world alight while playing our unique brands of awful mismanaged football and have it not really reflect your true quality.

If Ozil, Guendouzi, Torreira were playing for other clubs their monetary value would probably be immense. As it stands though we’re practically unable to give any of them away due to the weirdest fucking reasons.

I remember when I used to think Arsenal was a really well and fairly run business of a club. How naive.

2 Likes

He would have proabably faired a hell of a lot better if paired beside the wizard that is Santi

Coq that one season was fucking insane tho, performed better than Kante.

1 Like

Yeah if you go back about a year to the last time you pushed that, you were able to quote one poster on here lol :rofl:

That’s excellent bait, real 5/7 stuff.

I can confirm that was a pretty popular opinion on Twitter at that time. :grin:

1 Like

I’ll miss Torreira if he goes, but £24m in a structured deal (£8m upfront loan / £16m obligation to buy) means we recoup the money we invested in him and almost certainly means that we will invest in another midfielder this summer. His departure will be a good sign that Arteta and Edu are looking to strengthen further…

2 Likes
2 Likes

And also, “at no cost”

20 Likes