Lucas Torreira

Italian Mark Noble getting bumped off the ball for an hour.

No no no, Torrerira is a ‘beast’, he runs around and throws his small body at players.

I don’t know, from the 2nd half of last season to now, he just looks like a player lacking in confidence and Emery clearly doesn’t rate him like he does Xhaka (which is crazy in its self). I think he needs a run of games without Xhaka there to clearly get him to shine. Don’t see it happening and could see him leave in the summer.

He’s being played as a number 8 when he’s a DM by our clueless manager so I wouldn’t hold it against him.

10 Likes

Missed a sitter in the second half as well.

The half volley try?

1 Like

Not sure if he’s made for the EPL, but as @SRCJJ said he’s always getting played out of position so it’s also hard to judge him properly.

2 Likes

Our defense would be a lot better if Torreira was in the Xhaka spot. Xhaka is just stuck in the mud it takes him 15 minutes to get from one side of his area to the other.

3 Likes

Yeah Torreira would be great getting bundled over and barged through by the opposition midfield.

What other top side has a DM like Torreira?

Why are you comparing us to top sides?

Who else should we compare ourselves to?

Can’t believe that bum is Emery is using Torreira to make runs into the box. :man_facepalming:
Man saw the guy score an overhead kick and he thinks he can be the next Ramsey or something.

3 Likes

Chelsea and Ngolo Kante.

I couldn’t help think that when Torreira fluffed that half volley attempt, that it woulda been nice having an attacking midfielder with some flair taking that chance, but nope holding midfielders all over the pitch in every position, even our RB is a holding mid now :joy::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Kante did win back to back EPL titles and the World Cup. Even he would struggle playing as high up as Emery is playing Torreira.

If I’m Lucas I’m probably on the horn to my agent telling him to get AC Milan lined up in January. Emery doesn’t know how to use him and the fact he’d rather play a guy with the foot speed of a corpse at the base of midfield has got to be so galling.

1 Like

Kante is a far more technical player than Torreira and he is more of an outlier than the norm.

Plus Kante has some direction about his covering of the pitch, Torreira appears to be more about aggression and energy than positioning and recycling of play.

I think Torreira is a good player and a good squad option, but he isnt the answer to DM for a top side.

That said, I’d play him there in the current side.

3 Likes

He’s definitely suffering from poor choice of squad number syndrome. 11 for someone who wants to be a DM? Sort it out son!

Xhaka has his number apparently. He’s just a cunt in every way possible.

1 Like

I WANT EMERY FUCKING FIRED TO SATURN NOW

1 Like

He wanted #34 but Xhaka had that so he picked #11 as it’s his birthday. Read it in the Athletic yesterday haha

If you miss ever so slightly on purpose you could instead gravitationally sling him the fuck out of the solar system (just a humble suggestion).

2 Likes