Lucas Torreira

Because it was all emotion talking initially. I think most of us would react in a similar manner. Now that he’s taken the emotion out I’m sure he will do what’s best for his career.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, all heat of the moment stuff

1 Like

He still wants to leave. He’s just going through more diplomatic way like he should of done in the first place.

1 Like

I don’t really begrudge him for comments made after his mom passed. It’s hard to fathom having such an awful thing happening when you’re a country away and may not be able to get back home because of work and/or COVID.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be giving an interview to the media in the first place.
Unfortunately, whoever his agent is and people around him are, they haven’t advised the lad wisely. We’ve seen it in the past with him. They totally used that to put pressure on Arsenal to find a way to go to Boca.
Happy the club didn’t succumb this time. As Mikel said “Calma”, I hope he smartens up at some point and improved his circle. Take a note from Lukaku.

2 Likes

Maybe not, but grief is such a powerful emotion, I find it hard to really summon up the energy to hate on the guy. For all we know his reps told him to keep shtum and he didn’t.

What is clear is that Arteta doesn’t rate him. There’s a middle path here between letting him leave for peanut so he can play at Boca and playing hardball with a player who we have zero intention of using.

1 Like

There really isn’t unless it includes partly buying himself at least out of his contract.

Torreira’s been a whinning prick before and after that though. He was complaining about the weather and wanting out after his first season. He was crying when Xhaka got booed. And he pushed for a move to a club who he was only good enough to be a back up.

He’s talking about coming back to Arsenal now only because he knows no one else will pay him what we pay him.

Since his Boca statements he’s talked about playing in Italy, Spain and France, because he knows those are the only Latin countries who can pay his wages.

2 Likes

Can only imagine how much of an eye opener it is for these doods when they get their first taste of a British winter :grin::weary: can make or break a new signing

It’s why you had to love Juninho at Middlesborough

3 Likes
1 Like

Our very own Gilberto thrived :grin:

2 Likes
1 Like

Straight swap with Saul. :henry2:

So does Torreira winning La Liga with 3 appearances count into ‘players who won trophies after leaving Arsenal’ stats?

1 Like

He was barely used by Simeone. Don’t see that happening.

1 Like

He had 19 appearances and played around 500 minutes.

Ah my bad

For what is worth, this is not strange from Simeone. He has done this in the past. Players that looked surplus growing into starters.
He can get Torreira for dirt cheap now and at worst he’ll be a solid squad option.

1 Like
1 Like