Lucas Torreira

Don’t you dare disrespect the designated key holder of the team.

@sevchenko the more time passes more it seems like he doesn’t have a Scooby-Doo

3 Likes

A midfield two of Xhaka and Kessie is enough to make me pre-order some eye bleach for the 2019-2020 season.

The idea that we’d do a partial player swap for a guy who has been more or less a disaster at Milan is strange. Why not just tell Milan that we want more money? If they can’t pay, they can’t have Lucas.

It just tells me that Raul doesn’t have the confidence to locate and sign players if we’re exploring taking players as part of a deal.

2 Likes

Yeah agreed, Kessie has disappointed me for Milan anyways, before we even get to the craziness of selling Torreira

Emery out before he completely cements this team as midtable

Can we buy a good midfielder for £40m and have Kessie as a back up or sell him for £20m. If that is what Milan are offering what’s not to like?

1 Like

Don’t even know what I’ll do if I keep seeing a midfield with Xhaka as #6 and Torreira as a #8.
How shameless can you be to do that. Sarri and Emery are one of kind they are.
Kante and Torreira are treasures ffs.

2 Likes

Loads of manages persist with players that consistently perform below par much to the fans chagrin.

Emery and Sarri are far from the only ones.

2 Likes

This whole saga is just another reason to essentially stop listening to any rumors, or if you are just in it for the fun, ignore the bad ones… we know fck all and these twitter knuckleheads know fck all as well.

Obviously there are lots of reasons to be despondent, but we were still only 2 points out of 3rd place - we can still crawl back into top 4 and if our football doesn’t dramatically improve, hopefully Raul, et al. get Emery out and we rinse and repeat.

5 Likes

What sicko plays Kante and Torreira as #8 in favour of Jorginho and Xhaka respectively?

1 Like

At this stage the only thing that should keep Emery in the job for year 3 is a top 4 finish and EL win.

Other than that I’d say we pursue other targets for 20/21, with Allegri the focus. Is Raul aggressive enough to make a change?

I’m still waiting for cutthroat moves from this club tbh

4 Likes

Well I think the only Non-cutthroat move one could point to atm is keeping big Weng too long, but that at least was a tiny bit understandable if not frustrating for us fans - he was a one-of-a-kind Arsenal legend and management just got paralyzed (not excusing them btw).

The Sven debacle to me is part of the symptom of Arsenal trying to enter a new era and suffering growing pains associated with it - look at Utd when Fergie left - they also lost their director same year and they have been scrambling since… it is hard to transition from one culturally embedded era to another.

We should tell AC Milan that they can’t have Torreira, but that we are open to doing a deal for Xhaka if they make a high enough bid :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Kessie would also give our midfield a dimension it doesn’t currently have. A ball carrier who can drive past the opposition. It’s not something we have

1 Like

?? :rofl::rofl:

Sir Dennis Praet.

1 Like

Or, these rumours are nonsense.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ll give it to Allegri, that wouldn’t play Torreira there to accommodate a shit Xhaka, Allegri requires an engine next to his DLPs.

Bit that’s why Allegri is a better manager than Emery

Reports that Arsenal are holding out for £45m at which point I’d sell a player that on the balance of probabilities may well not like it here and has a girlfriend telling him to leave or she does.

I think the fact that she is going out with someone who earns around 100k a week probably means she won’t leave him. :grinning:

3 Likes