Lucas Torreira

If we got an offer of reasonable cash + Kessie deal we’d be insane not to take it.

Torreira is a good player but Kessie would absolutely thrive in the PL - it’s the kind of league he has potential to tear apart.

6 Likes

Is he quite similar to Kanye?

Kante haha

1 Like

I always thought Kessie was a Pogba type player. But I’ve not seen nearly enough of him to be certain.

1 Like

He looks Essien type of player to me, but I’m a shallow person and I judge on looks.

He’s a box to box. Very powerful, with intelligent running and can definitely run into the important spaces between the lines well.

I think the only problem with him is sometimes he can be a little too aggressive in his tackling and a little ill disciplined tactically. But I think his style suits the PL to a T.

He’d seamlessly fit into Emery’s system and would thrive under the likes of Pep and Klopp too.

7 Likes

Kessien has a ring to it

8 Likes

You’ll definitely hear the term pace and power used in abundance if Kessie set foot on the hallowed Premier League turf.

It’s the favourite term English football pundits use to describe strong players of African descent lol

5 Likes

I can already hear the Vieira comparisons coming through from my illegal stream.

Doucoure is who I think he bears a similarity to. Kessie could have a similar impact on the league.

2 Likes

I think Kessie is better than Doucoure though and has a high ceiling too.

1 Like

He’s clearly a talent but If we do that though it means we lose our only viable DM, a bit like taking off one plaster to put onto another wound.

We should simply be looking at him to be the Ramsey replacement, don’t think selling off Torreira in order to get him is the way to.

3 Likes

In an ideal world you’d swap Xhaka for Kessie.

2 Likes

Kessie is rather similar to Yaya Toure in his peak. A swap deal +50 mil and I could accept it, any lower would be a steal.

I’ve actually done a complete U turn on Torrieira. He looked really good in the first half of the season when played. But he’s really inconsistent and isn’t that technically sound as first thought. A lot of panicky touches and stray passes crept into his game.

He’s not good enough to start for us.

2 Likes

Physical level declined massively too

1 Like

He was 21 years old coming into a new league and the rest of it, cut the kid a break :joy:

Clearly the work rate required and runs of games was more than what he’d experienced before, he’ll come good.

4 Likes

Tell his coach to use him at #6 then instead of #8, where he got all those bad habits from.

Now this is the good shit.

I get the sentiment but I don’t think Torreira has a long term future in English football. I don’t tend to read into quotes too much but I genuinely feel he’ll start to agitate for a move if their is concrete interest from a big enough Spanish or Italian team.

It’s also worth noting under Emery that Torreira doesn’t get to play as an outright DM and sometimes ends up being a bit of a box to box and that just won’t work.

The reality is, he’s a DM who won’t ever get a proper run out at DM because of the insistence on having that hack Xhaka operate at the base of the midfield.

3 Likes

Guendouzi was 19 with no top flight experience and looks great. If you’ve got it, you’ve got it.

Hoping he turns it around as I was a big fan at first. Can’t see it though.