Lucas Paqueta

Not sure how wise it is to rely on Patino like that. I guess I trust him surrounded by a couple of pros in EL and cup games but he is still very much an unknown entity.

Put a cheeky Ā£10 on him coming to the Arse.

Yes but this could be his breakthrough season. I really like the kid and looked good when I have seen him play. Plus we have plenty of options at No.8 and No.10, so as it stands he would be 5th choice and wouldnā€™t need to rely on him but could be an opportunity to get him some good game time.

I think thatā€™s where heā€™ll get his chances. In cups and the EL games. I donā€™t see him getting that much game time in the PL unless he really forces Arteta with his performances.

I think the 5 sub rule this year in the Pl could be a game changer and gives Arteta the ability to give game time to players at the end of the game, when hopefully things are comfortable

1 Like

every time I saw him for Milan he was bang average.

Would maybe pay Ā£10m for him to come as squad filler and for the odd chance he gits gud. Ā£15m tops.

Take a shot every time someone says theyā€™ve watched him for Milan and they werenā€™t impressed.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t preclude him moving here and playing well. Players grow as people, they develop new skills, go to different systems and etc.

Look at Cancelo. Had a cup of coffee with Juventus, before that was putzing around with Valencia, but idk that anyone thought heā€™d become the player he ended up being.

The issue then becomes the fee and the wages. Do we want to pay Lyon Ā£60m for a guy who didnā€™t really cut it at a higher level the last time he played in a better league?

2 Likes

For what is worth I wasnā€™t impressed with him at Milan either.
He is good for Brazil and Lyon but heā€™s not my cup of tea. He is like most Brazilians though a bit of nuisance.

Anyway, I doubt he costs that much unless Lyon consider what Newcastle paid for Bruno in January the new standard. I reckon we can get him for ~40m.
His versatility is a big plus, he can fill in multiple positions.
For all we know heā€™s the anti-Raphinha considering they have similar attributes.

Even that seems high

1 Like

Is this dude even real or have they simply combined Mikelā€™s name with Pac Man

Surely not?

• 24 years old
  • Contract expires 2025
  • Brazil international, and a starter for them as well
  • Extremely versatile
  • Lyonā€™s best player and one of the best in the league
1 Like

Lol, heā€™s very real and has a very shitty goatee.
Heā€™s a part-time dancer too.

Proper irritating player. One of those you want to be high booted. Very fun watching him and Neymar play street football while a tournament was ongoing last summer.

He can dance if he wants to. He can leave his friends behind

I would definitely fancy a late goal from this prick at that toilet of a stadium Spurs built and then goes on to celebrate it dancing like a twat in front of their fans. :syringe:

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that dancing as far as I can see :eyes:

1 Like

As long as it doesnā€™t happen against us, because this twat has PL written all over him and I would bet he ends up at Newcastle if not here.

Like an uncle at a bar mitzvah after hitting the free Stella. 10/10

3 Likes

Hey @Mondo! :wave:

1 Like

Hey! Someone actually remembers me? Last time I was on here was back in the days of the legend that is Rass Henry. Since then, I got married, quit my job, moved to the US, two kids, and we still havenā€™t won the league! :man_shrugging:t3:

Nevertheless, itā€™s good to be back on here keeping up with all that is both relevant and irrelevant.

14 Likes