Lucas Paqueta

Welcome back @Mondo ! Where in the US are you based?

Hopefully you can restore our faith in OA members from the US :joy:

1 Like

I was living in Los Angeles for a few years, but recently moved to Atlanta since the wife and I are now able to work from home since the pandemic kicked in.

There’s a fair bit of passion for the game here. A lot off EPL supporters. And I probably see Atlanta Utd represented more than any other local team with the exception of maybe Atlanta Braves, although the latter did recently win the World Series.

Anyway. Probably best I reintroduce myself in another thread. On the subject of Pancetta, I can’t say I know the guy. Although I heard he was bang average in Serie A. 20 mil tops.

1 Like

:bergkamp:

1 Like

:santi:

Titi fucks with Paqueta. :ooo:

That’s good enough for me. :arteta2:

Lyon one of those clubs you’ll never be able to do a quick transfer for. They’ll kick and scream for two months first.

But man all these players getting overpriced as fuck.

6 Likes

Aulas can inflate the price all he wants, at the risk of having an Aouar like situation
exceptions apart, no club would overpay for Paqueta.

1 Like

For what is worth, I think we would have gotten Aouar if he “really” wanted to come. He wasn’t really sold on the move and was hoping the likes of Barca or Madrid would come in for him.

If the club can convince Paqueta I reckon this deal is very doable at ÂŁ40-50m.

They’re on 3 years now without CL money and they’ve just finished 8th.
Don’t think they’re in a position to be asking crazy fees unless they’re negotiating with those morons at Manchester.

Only reason I can see them rejecting a sale is if they expect Paqueta’s worth to blow up at the next World Cup, which is likely.

1 Like

Dreadful deal.

Disgusting. Vile.

1 Like

I’ve evaluated the situation and I’m all in for it now personally(as long as we don’t get rinsed). We need more players to rile up our rivals.

Plus, I fear for my furniture if he ends up playing for Scum or Newcastle and he ends up scoring at the Emirates, then proceeds with his dancing celebration.

Edit: My god, just imagined him dancing like a chicken with Richarlison. I will probably jump out of a window if I see this against us.

You have Arsenal fans saying stuff like yeah I’d take 90m for Saka if it was on the table but not worth it for less. Then when a foreign club does the exact same shit when we ask, it’s outrage at the price they’re asking :ozil:

Players aren’t always actively for sale, because you’re dealing with football clubs who also need football players to win matches in between all this business crap. The price that makes it worth their while at any given time isn’t necessarily a fair reflection of the talent.

1 Like

Arsenal and Lyon are not in the same situation though, are they?

The former is one of the biggest global franchises in football playing in the PL and the latter is one of the biggest clubs in the Hungry House league.

I think the only difference is they know these players are all potentially going eventually, so they all have some form of price tag rather than the flat out “not for sale” big clubs would give you when assuming their best players will be around forever.

But it doesn’t mean that they are desperate to go out and sell every player on their books to richer clubs and will be happy to negotiate for them at fair prices rather than prices stacked in their favour.

1 Like

For what is worth, Fabrizio in the Que Golazo stream reiterated what he said in the morning for Caught Offside about Paqueta, but also highlighted that we’ve got a lot of attacking midfielders already. He said he’s not sure Paqueta is the priority.
He did mention a while back that he has an indication on who Raphinha’s alternative is but didn’t want to reveal until he verified it.
Now, it’s very likely he just lied, and we’ll never know about it.
In case he didn’t though, I don’t see Paqueta being the player he was directed to as Raphinha’s alternative based on his wording.

That’s still a pretty paquet for a player of his level

6 Likes

The price gets crazier by the Aouar.

My bad thats another overpriced Lyon midfielder.

3 Likes

You all need to Paquet in with these terrible puns

5 Likes

Luc at as doing the terrible puns.

1 Like

Lyon are having a laugh with these demands. Not sure how they can lucas in the eye and ask for 65m with a straight face.

9 Likes