Looking to Move out

Scotland master race >>>>> :sunglasses:

But seriously, congrats big man!

2 Likes

Congrats @Calum.

I’m Jealous my mortgage at the moment is around $4700 a month :joy:.

2 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ Part 2. Just did a Google for the exchange rate… Please explain what kind of fucking gaff you live in to be paying that, fuck me sideways

4 Likes

I’ll still be paying more than that when you include everything else that’s just the mortgage alone but I didn’t want a dear mortgage haha wanted some money left to do it up and still have money in the bank :joy:

1 Like

I hear ya mate. Compared to what my mates pay in rent in London, my mortgage is DIRT CHEAP. As a couple we don’t earn very well, but living where we do, it’s still so comfortable. Suits me perfectly

3 Likes

I didn’t explain the full story I’m currently doing up my apartment I purchased in 2012 to get ready to sell. So it’s once that sells for probably around 450k our debt will be down from 1 mill 50 to a bit over 600k. So it’s just going to be tight for the next few months waiting for it to sell.

We did fork out on the house we just purchased though, southern suburbs from Melbourne ( which are probably the most expensive) brand new build, 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom type place that’s pretty spacious, 6 to 8 min walk to station and beach, but I’m still 28km from city centre haha.

But yeah once we sell the apartment the mortgage will drop to around $2800 a month or so and that’s between myself and the fiancée.

6 Likes

Well that makes a lot more sense!

Started to think you were some undercover CEO haha

2 Likes

Haha nah just a decent job with Metro trains Melbourne mate nothing out of the ordinary. Pays ok though 90k or so base if I do just my Monday to Friday, more when I choose to do OT when I can be arsed.

But no, not an undercover CEO :joy:.

3 Likes

Damn you guys have it good. The house I live in is worth $1 million US. No way in my wildest dreams would I be able to afford it in 2020 being the sole income for our family of 4. Fortunately my Grandpa was a real estate genius and bought this place for $17,000 back in 1972 :joy::joy: been the family ever since.

7 Likes

So in reality you have it good mate :joy:.

3 Likes

Lol well I dont own this place, my parents do they are the ones reaping all the benefit :joy::joy:

Hahaha fair enough. Where abouts you from in LA again ? The main thing I remember from LA in 2013 was staying at a hostel in Hermosa beach and how commuting around by transport was a fucking nightmare.

2 Likes

You LIVE IN IT mate, they aren’t reaping all the benefit, you’re benefiting hugely. The ultimate benefit of a house is fucking living in it haha

Edit: not having a go, just my perspective on it

4 Likes

Think it would be cheaper to buy in Scotland and commute to work in London everyday than buy down here.

6 Likes

Interesting pickle about my recent move that happened 9 days ago, so yesterday evening I go up to the local for a few Friday beers to suss it out and who do I see at the bar ? The general manager of infrastructure, basically the biggest boss in my department.

He’s an English bloke Manchester United fan, I discover it’s his local and he lives 5 mins from me :grimacing:. I hung a bit of shit about the Burnley result but kept it short and sweet given he was with his mrs.

I must say I don’t really want to continue to have the same local as one of my big bosses, not an ideal situation.

2 Likes

By the way @Calum where abouts in Scotland did you buy ?

Haha no ur 100% right I live a block from the beach in southern california no complaints, plus my parents give me a decent break on the rent I pay them every month :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Same area I live in currently. About 40 minutes on the train from Glasgow

1 Like

I live up the coast probably about 20 - 25 minutes north of Malibu. And yeh u need a car here there is no commuting from a place like Hermosa on public transport :grin::grin:

1 Like

@Calum you’ve made me jealous as fuck about your mortgage payments but congratulations mate. Big moment when you move out and have somewhere to call your own. Enjoy the freedom!!

Are you in the centre of Glasgow?

2 Likes