Liverpool

:joy::joy: Behave

That was brilliant.

Are we close to a will they go unbeaten thread yet.:thinking:

1 Like

That’s why I’m finding it hard when people say I need to be patient. I know logically I have to be patient, but I wanted this process to start 4 years ago, so that’s why I can be a bit frustrated, I feel like we simply wasted 4 years keeping Wenger to long.

7 Likes

In what way.

OK, I’m going to go totally “the whole world’s against Arsenal” conspiracy mode here so please bear with me lol

I just get that while a lot is made of Arsenal not having won a trophy, not enough is made of Liverpool’s overwhelming underachievement. Much in the same vein, I think a closer eye would have been kept on Klopp as manager of Arsenal- not as much as is made currently at Liverpool.

Agree on the part of them not winning anything. Also think his personality gets him some kudos with the press.
The football they play though and coupled with last years CL run and being undefeated and above City proves the ability is there for all too see.

One final note on this though is we thought for too many seasons by finishing top 4 put us further ahead of sides than was really true.
We became more focused on being ahead of those around us than seriously challenging the sides above.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have had to deal with that as Arsenal manager.

1 Like

Lol, true. But hypothetically speaking, you’d hope a manager of Arsenal would bring class and iron out such problems

We did waste 4 years. Arguably more. But there’s nothing can be done about it now. You’re just extending your pain by looking over their fence wishing we had what they have.

3 Likes

Yeah I can’t disagree with anything you’ve said there.

Nah, fuck that thread. It’s clear as day that Klopp is the better manager at this moment in time, however his achievements pale in comparison to that of Wenger’s. Klopp’s younger and has time on his side, but even if he achieves a fraction of what Arsene has then he can be considered successful.

Facts are though all he has done is create a team who can play with intensity but with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

The Argument was never who has the better CV out of Klopp and Wenger. It was all about who you’d prefer going forward if you had the power to choose.

4 Likes

He has equaled his european record in 3 seasons though.

3 Likes

Which means absolutely fuck all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Which means exactly the same for qualifying for the CL for 20 years in reality.

2 Likes

The difference between Klopp and Wenger is clear.
Klopp is dynamic, able to motivate players and buys the best players he can afford for positions he needs filling.

Wenger was stubborn, never willing to change and hopeless in the transfer market.

It’s true that Liverpool have spent big but they have also sold some world class players as well.
But their transfer business has been excellent.

They got around ÂŁ140m for Coutinho and spent the money on the two positions they desperately needed to fill with a word class GK and CB.

We, on the other hand, sold world class players like RVP only to replace them with dross like Gervinho and Chamakh.

The difference between us and Liverpool is that the Liverpool owners have ambition and imagination, who want success for the club and will do whatever they can to achieve it.
We don’t.

2 Likes

To be fair to Wenger it’s very easy to put him down considering the latter half of his tenure, Wenger at his best and most revolutionary is a different story altogether.

I like Klopp but he’s far from perfect and his finals record is dog shit.

2 Likes

I agree that Wenger was great.
In fact, like you say, he was revolutionary, possibly the most the PL has ever seen.
But in the last few seasons Klopp has only proved what most people knew, that Wenger was too stubborn and inflexible to compete with other managers like Klopp, Guardiola and Pochettino.

But I also think Wenger’s influence, as well as his success with us, when he took over here, was greater than what Klopp has achieved at Liverpool and more than any other manager has done in the PL.

But Wenger outstayed his welcome here and dragged us down to a level that shouldn’t have been allowed to happen and consequently has left Emery a massive rebuilding job which is going to take several seasons to sort out.

2 Likes

Wenger >>>> managers who look like they’ve been on a 36 hour meth binge with the teeth to prove it.

And that’s exactly what that thread was discussing, 2015 onwards who would you prefer out of Wenger or Klopp ? What Wenger did in 1998-2008 is completely irrelevant in that discussion, unless people thought he was going to repeat those heroics.

2 Likes