Liverpool

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1675519704176431104?s=20

Two good midfielders signed by them

His release clause expired 30 June so they had to move for him.

Does feel panicked

2 Likes

Still haven’t really signed a trademark Klopp runner in midfield though. :eyes:

2 Likes

I swear Liverpool have the same home kit every season, same with Spurs

More interested who’s gonna anchor the midfield, Fabinho looked to be losing his legs last season but they don’t really have anyone to replace him.

Mac Allister - Thiago - Szoboszlai looks a bit too light

Mac Allister - Fabinho - Szoboszlai seems the likeliest but Thiago still the best midfielder at the club.

Tbh I was impressed with their two midfield signings but looking at it now seems they didn’t really need both, at least not before a new DM.

1 Like

They’ve lost a few midfielders this summer so reinforcements still needed even after these two signings. Remains to be seen who they target the rest of the window.

They’re making the right moves to rebuild their midfield. On paper, Macallister and now Sztopcockzs is really positive.

They need probably 1 more given that Henderson, Milner, Chamberlain, Thiago and Keita are old / gone / always injured.

Their team will really have transformed quite substantially in the last 12 months. Think CB is a massive area they need to still invest though.

2 Likes

For all the stuff they’re doing in attack and midfield that defence is still a huge issue because VVD is washed and needs replacing, doesn’t seem like he can be the leader of the defence anymore because he isn’t even able to take care of his own defensive duties

Failing to replace him will be costly I think

VVD exposed as someone who wasn’t actually a great DEFENDER but rather someone who relied heavily on his physical characteristics

3 Likes

Looks like it doesn’t it? Should still be able to rely on his football IQ if he was truly that guy like Silva but with the declining physicality it’s been a straight clown show

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Yep. Some of his defensive errors are comical. That’s why when people were calling him an all time defensive great I just couldn’t have it. Not for 18 months of elite play.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1674493609167429632

Since that, they paid a €70m release clause(usually you have to pay them in one go) for Szoboszlai and are now planning to make a move for Lavia who Southampton want £50m for.

Broke boy pretenders still going strong.

Why are Liverpool struggling financially when they’ve recently won the Premier League and UCL not too long ago.

Maybe winning titles doesn’t help a club as much as football fans, pundits etc would have you believe.

Why are they after so many midfielders? Should have activated the option to buy clause for Arthur Melo

Am I missing the joke? It was obviously their weakest area last year then they’ve lost Ox, Keita, Milner on top of that.

Minimum they needed 2 new midfielders, to go alongside Thiago and Fabinho. Hendo as backup.

1 Like

Yes you are. They got Arthur Melo from Juventus on loan but he didn’t play a single game for them because of injury

3 Likes

Yep.

7 Likes

So they are not the champions of net spend any more?

https://twitter.com/europaleague/status/1675813886031982592?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

:sol:

3 Likes