Liverpool

Some would argue he already has (I don’t)

Hope it backfires, like our long-term contracts for 30+ players did.

Fuck them.

2 Likes

He has already given them the output of a 350k player so it is more or less paying for what they have already acquired. Even if he contributes less it’s fine

3 Likes

350k? He’s good but he’s not Ozil good.

3 Likes

Or Gnabry good.

Just read other posts saying it’s 350k. Crazy money for a guy starting the twilight of his career.

1 Like

Its a lot of coin but Salah only just hit 30 and its only 3 years.

Liverpool in a tough spot with this one because he hasnt declined enough that you’d be happy enough to let him walk next year but at the same time he probably isnt going to get better.

He’s also a bit of a talismanic figure of Liverpools recent revival as a top European club so I dont think letting him walk is great optics. Overall, 3 years is not too bad.

2 Likes

Let’s hope Salah continues his post AFCON form next season - would be glorious to see Liverpool pissing away £350k+ on that kind of form and output

3 Likes

That’s some end of the cycle wages

Contract is well deserved.

No World Cup will benefit him greatly

1 Like

How is this even news worthy lol? The English press obsession with Liverpool is cringe

4 Likes

Only thing I read about it was Klopp’s sarky comment

“Hundreds of fans”…the least news-worthy bullshit I’ve read in years.

The standards of the editing / writing on BBC Football have dropped massively. Not to mention the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors that are commonplace.

The Liverpool PR machine is already in full swing. Chelsea on the verge of signing Sterling and the Women’s Euros going on, but yeah, a few hundred fans at the beginning of Liverpool’s friendly tour is the headline :arteta:

They got rid of a lot of their sub editors. Didn’t need them apparently.

Fascinating how they’ve got the best players yet they only did the cup double last season and won fuck all the season before.

They’ve also lost their best player this summer. Will be interesting to see how they do next season.

To be fair they were two games from winning the quadruple, which has never been done before and their spending is comparable to ours, so they’re doing ok.

3 Likes

I’ll never understand how the word only could be put in front of the rest of this sentence.

9 Likes

we have the two best left & right-backs

Is this even true any more?

Trent yes, Robertson nein.

1 Like