Liverpool

You’re making a totally different point to what I am. All of the net spend stuff is a different conversation altogether.

It’s an absolute fact that after signing Nunez it’ll take his spending to well over £600m which is a big sum of money to have spent assembling a squad.

2 Likes

Klopp, inherits Coutinho makes him look world class, rips off Barca for 150m and he goes there and flops, flips that money for two world class players in the spine of his team. Top business and u can see why they churn out 90 point seasons consistently.

Assteta inherits a 20 plus league goal scorer, makes him look shit, has to pay him to cancel his contract, goes to Barca and starts scoring goals again like nothing ever happened. Levels to this Arsenal is what it is at this point.

3 Likes

Coutinho was a massive player for Liverpool before Klopp ever came along.

2 Likes

No one is comparing Klopp and Arteta here. Thats a no contest.

We’re finally calling Klopp out for being an outlandish spender.

My point is perfectly apt then thanks, cuz Auba was important to our team long before Assteta ever came along. Was a golden boot winner a year before under a different manager.

2 Likes

Yep he has spent money to sign players I won’t debate that.

No coach in world football would be capable of regularly getting 90 + points in the EPL and regularly making CL finals without spending pretty reasonable coin on signings.

3 Likes

Why you being salty?

I’m just calling it as it is.

What do you want him to do ? Make 100 mill profits every season whilst competing for the league and making CL finals ? :joy:.

1 Like

No I want people to stop saying Klopp spends money. It’s salty.

I’ve said he spends money on players, you need money or a certain degree of to sign quality players.

It’s just he and Liverpool generate and do it in a way that every wealthy enough non oil club should.

Liverpool generally sell high and generally nail signings, with the exception of Keita every big money signing that Klopp has made has been worth it and some.

BTW @SRCJJ the way Arteta is going after 6.5 years at Arsenal he’ll have a similar outlay on players to what Klopp to this point. Hopefully Mikel has us get 90 + points consistently and making CL finals every other year and you won’t hear a complaint out of me :tada:.

3 Likes

You’ve also said that when others say it, it’s salty.

3 Likes

Hahahaha fackin scaaaasers

Love it Ash

1 Like

Curious to see what Nunez is like next season. I don’t think he is as good as what Liverpool already have and think they have massively overpaid.

1 Like

Will certainly be interesting as this looks like it changes their dynamic. For the last four to five years, they have had interchangeable, versatile set of forwards, using their width/interior widemen as the focal points.

Darwin has a history of playing wide but I just don’t see him played out there for Liverpool. Surely he goes straight in the centre up front?

He’ll certainly be a nuisance for defenses.

1 Like
2 Likes

hopefully £500k/week

Though he’s still a great player, him signing a “long term contract”, given he’s 30 already, isn’t going to get other clubs disappointed much.

Leaves them in a sticky place in case he starts declining soon

1 Like