Liverpool

They’re a fuckin shit club, that’s what.

1 Like

Elite starting 11 but lack of investment is going to hurt, will need a great run with injury to win the title.

Bowen? Sanches? What the actual fuck is going on over there?

1 Like

Liverpool use that Detailed analytics company for everything dont they, its what brought them Klopp salah vvd mane etc, i mean its worked fairly well for them and why they are linked with sort of weird and not top name signings all the time i guess.

1 Like

Understandable

2 Likes

Scouse bastards

Apparently he’s going to Madrid. Would’ve loved it if we could somehow bring him here though.

Liverpool need to take Edu from us to replace Edwards.

1 Like

I know Liverpool are no where near in as bad of a state as we are. But they definitely announced this to deflect from the fact they’re not buying anyone

Probably get 4th still, but they’re behind City, United and Chelsea in terms of squad quality. FSG Out has been trending on Twitter. The fans aren’t happy with the lack of transfers.

2 Likes

You get the sense from them that they’re just happy to be in the mix and content with the success they’ve had so far. Of course giving new contracts to existing players is costly but they aren’t doing enough IMO.

That midfield just doesn’t look right after Wijnaldum has left, needs some drip and there are players out there that can give it some new blood like Saul from Atletico who is reportedly available for loan and suits them to a tee.

Harvey Elliot is talented and looks like he has a bright future but he shouldn’t be starting a key match like he did against Chelsea. The way they failed to break them down speaks to deficiencies in the midfield. I didn’t think Thiago would be a resounding success but it’s going far worse for him than I thought it would at this early stage.

7 Likes

Klopp seems content which the puzzling part. You have to imagine if he needed transfers he’d have some sway.

1 Like

I think he does want transfers.

But since they’re dropping the bag on all of these new contracts chances are slim this summer.

2 Likes

Klopp has always been about the coaching from what I can tell, or at least he’ll work with what he has. I don’t think he just writes players off, especially when he has all the players who have served him well. I think Wij is his only real exit of note?

I can’t see him being a “more midfielders or I quit” kind of guy, at least not while they’re still a good team.

1 Like

They’ll still compete for the title, but yeah they aren’t doing enough. Still got an elite starting side and elite manager though so they’ll be right in the mix.

Concern for Liverpool is more in 2-3 years time for mine.

2 Likes

Its seems to me now they just got lucky with Mane and Salah and the Coutinho money.

They were the Liverpool version of Alexis and Ozil but they actually strengthened the team when they were about to peak unlike us who fucked it :joy:

2 Likes

I’m not sure who, but I’m think someone on here said Liverpool’s plan was to do with Salah and Mané what they did with Coutinho (sell them for £100m and rebuild). Unfortunately for them, the pandemic put paid to that plan.

They’ll be in the same position that we were a few years ago with two ageing and soon to be in decline superstars.

Will they give them new contracts, or will they sell them but get less than market value due to their ages and wage packet.

2 Likes

Not sure I believe Salah would demand that much. But even so, he has 2 years left on his deal and he’ll be 30 next summer - so they should just cash in anyway. Use the money to start a new cycle.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like this type of thing is overdue with Liverpool, they’ve been holding hands and living harmoniously for far too long, where are the ego, the crazy demands, the infighting? Would be Salah to upset the apple cart though, on the pitch he seems a right moody, entitled cunt.

3 Likes

How much money do Liverpool get for a 30 year old Salah next summer ?

1 Like

49m + 5m in add ons. Next question pls.