Liverpool

Ummm sorry to say Ash mate but it is an actual coincidence. Neither of those things are Liverpool cheat codes mate

2 Likes

Your boy getting a lot of criticism @Aussiegooner

Hopefully it’s the beginning of the end for him at Liverpool. Then they can go back to being irrelevant for another 20 years.

1 Like

It’s nuts how quickly Liverpool fans turn on their own. YNWA :roll_eyes::grin:

5 Likes

Klopp stated the reason for Salah coming off was that he looked physically shot and wasn’t playing with usual intensity. It would of been risking an injury.

I really don’t think you can expect to have the run Liverpool have had without attracting serious criticism.

3 Likes

He didn’t cover himself in glory with his subs last night or this morning Australian time.

But people shouldn’t be too harsh, in 5.5 seasons at the helm he has managed consecutive 95 + point league seasons including a title, also back to back CL finals including winning one.

1 Like

I probably would have gone for someone like Naby on ahead of a Milner type etc given the circumstances.

1 Like

13 points in their last 14 matches. It’s insane. I wonder if they could part ways after this season. He won’t be sacked but maybe he’s run his cycle at Liverpool and will look at a new challenge.

1 Like

I’m not going to go the early crow on that, I thought Pep had maybe run his cycle at City 8 games into this season and then a 2 year extension was announced. Fast forward 3.5 months and it seems City might win an unprecedented quadruple lol.

Pep/City never went on a run like this though but true they can an absolutely turn it around next season that wouldn’t surprise me.

Nah this is a diabolical run for an an elite team, pretty unprecedented not going to lie.

They’re still likely to be in the QF of the CL though and although it’s hard to fathom them winning it you just never know.

2 Likes

Could see Klopp going for the Germany job after the euros

He’s contracted until the end of 2024 isn’t he ? I know contracts don’t always mean that much these days but I think he’ll have at least another season or 2 at Liverpool.

In a ideal world, Koeman gets the sack or leaves at the end of the season, Arteta leaves Arsenal after winning the Europa League and getting us back into the CL to Join Barca (his boyhood club), Klopp and Liverpool part ways after its deemed that he can’t take the club any further and wants a new challenge, joining Arsenal Shortly after.

3 Likes

They’re only 6 points in front of us, and we have a game in hand. Unbelievable Geoff.

1 Like

Yeah I saw this yesterday. Shows just how bad a season they’re having because ours has been shit.

2 Likes

After this season, he and the club might agree on it being a good time to part ways if he really wants that international job.

Not really Chelsea and Leicester had similar hangover drop offs after their title wins. As did United after SAF left.

To win a title you have to be 100% focused for every game. Often the players can be mentally exhausted. The Liverpool players have been playing 100% out of their skin for the 2 seasons prior to this once. Since Liverpool fell out of this seasons title race they’ve dropped off further because they’re playing for far less than they were last season.

Liverpool are probably going to go all in on the CL though and I wouldn’t write them off in that comp.

2 Likes

I would.

They’re fckin shit.

3 Likes

In 5.5 seasons, at the end of his tenure, Wenger won more than Klopp, and that was when Wenger had lost his touch.

@BigWeng_4LYFE

1 Like