Liverpool

I’d push Salah wide and bring in Bergkamp. Although Bergy was a bit past it only getting 4 goals and 7 assists that season so maybe not

I’d also have Henderson over Fabinho

Leaving Lauren out over TAA is also a big call

1 Like

Basically my reasoning although I probably wouldn’t have put it in such blasphemous terms :sweat_smile:

I’ve gone for attack over defence.

1 Like

Not one of those Liverpool shitbags gets in the Invincibles side.

They lost to Watford.

4 Likes

------------ Becker ------------
Trent - VVD - Sol - Cole
------- Vieira - Silva --------
Salah ------------------ Pires
—Bergkamp - Henry-----

1 Like

Poor Lehmann , watching Becker make about 6 costly mistakes in the last few months and still losing.

Lehmann was Daddy. Trent won’t make a mistake with him behind.

8 Likes

Jens had his fair share of cock-ups tbf.

Went for Lauren over TAA as with the attacking Talent in this team, wouldn’t really need such an offensive wing back who can’t really defend. Can’t decide to who I would pick over Pires and Mane, as I would prefer Mane over Salah but Salah plays on the right and both Pires and Mane play on the left.

1 Like

allison…the gk that has made like 4 goal costing mistakes in the last 2 games alone :arteta:

I wouldn’t pick any of them .
Filthy club

7 Likes

Not really. Gets a bad rap.

Yeah I think Lehmann’s errors were overblown. I know he had a few the season he was criminally displaced by Almunia but his quality from 03-05 is undeniable. He was world class.

5 Likes

Spineless bastards picking “Mane / Pires” all over the place.

Just do what you really want to and drop Pires and accept your inevitable scorn.

17 Likes

Mane’s best form has been from the left, but he’s a player who can play both sides. Scored on his debut for Liverpool when playing from the right. Quite the goal too. It’s just a shame we had to witness it first hand.

03-04
Chelsea equaliser in the Champions League quarters.
Spurs equaliser in the 2-2 draw.

There were errors and they increased as the team’s quality declined. I’m not going to list them all because lol. He’s still one of our great goalkeepers.

Lehmann was dropped in 04-05 due to his inconsistent form. This is not from memory btw.

Obviously this nitpicking, but I guess the overall point is that no goalkeeper is free from mistakes.

1 Like

Happy now bastard?

I’ve settled on Pires because the Cole / Pires / Henry left hand side is basically one of the greatest ever combinations in club football. As good (and decisive) as Mane has been, can’t fuck with that dynamic.

God we used to have a team full of motherfucking ballers.

Also I feel completely justified in having so many Arsenal players because most of them won 2-3 league titles. Liverpool have got the one title and maybe won’t get another before their side is broken up. Yeah they were pipped to the league in 18/19 by a record breaking City side but that’s just the way it is.

3 Likes

Cool in light of this I have changed my line up, @Sol is right that Cole, Bobby, Henry trio has to be one of the best of all time. Can’t believe some of the spineless people here who dropped Pires from their teams :joy:

@Craigie happy now?

1 Like

Do you mean Lampard’s opening goal to make it 0-1 at Highbury in the second leg?

‘Twas a Lampard equaliser. Don’t make me get Aussiegooner to confirm :wink:

Completely forgot about Lehmann’s mistake in the first leg too…:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was certain Lampard scored and then Reyes equalised after a scramble just before HT.

I’m probably wrong though, and I don’t care. I hate that game and everything about it

2 Likes

Walcott >>>>>> Pires/Mane anyways so its a moot point in the end.

2 Likes

Maybe something like this:
Henry - Mane
Pires - Vieira - Gilberto - Salah
Cole - Campbell - Van Dijk - TAA
Allison

1 Like