Liverpool

Imagine Liverpool turn into 14/15 Dortmund and end up in a relegation battle

I’m not even a bit surprised we hold that record.

1 Like
3 Likes

Right im going too say this and take the incoming from it. Liverpool miss Jordan Henderson.

5 Likes

Every Liverpool fan right now

Screenshot_20201005-023613

1 Like

We wore Liverpool out in the last week so Villa ought to thank us

15 Likes

Liverpool will sign a goalkeeper tomorrow I guarantee it :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Adrian is just a back up

FTFY

1 Like

Nah 2 goals at Villa should be well enough. Hendo plays it’s at least a point.
No he’s not eye catching popular but he’s Klopps link and mouth piece.
Also there hardest working midfielder.

He’s not stopping 7 goals going in mate

You’re turning him into Gilberto Silva

2 Likes

Every big team have this one off result, I bet Villa won’t have anywhere near a game like this for the rest of the season and that Liverpool will go unbeaten for the rest of the year in the league. Although their defence is looking a little more shaky then usual and are leaking more goals. It happened too at the end of last season. I wouldn’t look too much into this result as the downfall of Liverpool.

4 Likes

This should probably be the end of that ridiculously aggressive high line for the rest of the season. Just goes to show if the pool press is not working with 100% efficiency and you have a competent midfielder and willing runners, you can pick off this Liverpool side, as was shown by Atletico last season.
The result was a combined factor of fatigue, missing personnel and a horrible goalkeeper that caused a disruption of their usual system. They will suffer like this on plenty of occassions this season when the players don’t have recovery time. The onus is on the other teams to capitalise. If Chelsea had a more competent manager I’d have been putting my money on them to win the league with the squad they had from last season and the additions they have made in this window, but Roman has chosen to continue the limp dick experiment with fat Frank.

1 Like

Atletico did not pick off Liverpool at all last season though. The first leg was even, Atletico scored from a dodgy corner. The second leg they were outplayed thoroughly for 90 min but survived on luck, then in extra time Adrian fucked it up for Liverpool.

I agree with the high line point though, yet the best example would be Leeds in the opening fixture.
In fact just last week the best team in Europe right now “inexplicably” lost 1-4 to Hoffenheim in similar fashion.

2 Likes

Agree with the overall sentiment and not being overtly nitpicky, but all 3 of Atletico’s goals in extra time came on the break. Liverpool played that way all season and were largely successful doing it, but as fatigue set in, the whole team wouldn’t press effectively and they became easy to pick off on the break.

After the exhaustions of last 2 seasons and the fixture list this season, I don’t think they’ll be able to stamp their authority on games and will struggle as key players tire out. This is going to be one of the more open title races with more than 2 teams in reckoning. I still expect Man City to get their act together eventually and emerge as the strongest team purely based on their squad strength.

As good as they can I think they are such an overrated team. Bayern are very one dimensional in their approach and that defence has holes all over it. They’re a very top heavy team and it’s crazy to think they could have conceded 4 or 5 goals in the first half against a Barcelona team they tore to shreds.

Those kind of tactics being deployed by some teams are suicidal.

1 Like

not sure why everybody is using Pep’s method
 using the full backs as CB

Did Aston Villa at least send a nice postcard to The Arsenal for wearing the Merseyside cunts out after all the games between us?