Liverpool

Sentimental bollocks to give it to Henderson. Mane, Salah, VVD, Trent and Alisson all deserve it before him from Liverpool alone

3 Likes

Remember when some people were trying to argue this wasnā€™t a weak league earlier in the year :mustafi:

Weā€™re going to have 5th place performances finishing in 3rd place and Jordan fucking Henderson king of the world.

1 Like

Add TAA to the list

1 Like

Heā€™s second to Mane in that team this season, Alisson and VVD donā€™t even enter the convo IMO

1 Like

Itā€™s like when Giggs won it for loyalty to service or whatever

The sentence ā€œJordan Henderson Footballer Of The Yearā€ has only ever been heard once before, in his head, just before his alarm clock went off before he went to school.

The list of Liverpool players who should have got it before him is longer than the list that shouldnā€™t.
As for the rest of the PL, what about De Bruyne, Sterling, Aubameyang and, if youā€™re going down the sentimental route, David Silva?

It makes a mockery out of the award especially as heā€™s not always an automatic first choice for Klopp.

He is always a first team choice. Hes a very good professional in fairness, just not the best player.
Someone want to tell me how Rashford made the list.

Similar reasons as Henderson. Rashford did that school dinner campaign which clearly translates to ā€œhe should win an award because he is a nice guyā€.

Maybe but on the pitch Henderson is more worthy than Rashford.

These Liverpool players have gone overboard with their celebrations ffs.
I swear Van Dijk canā€™t stop posting on social media about it. A year will pass and the prick will still be talking about it. So desperate for recognition.

Bloody hell how did I forget him. Definitely right

The fact this has clearly rattled Pep makes me happy

10 Likes

Hes got a point though. The love in for Liverpool is so annoying.

Jordan fucking Henderson.

3 Likes

Rashford has had a good season, 17 goals and 7 assists and for a while was carrying United until the back injury.

Shouldnā€™t win it but not a surprise to see his name there tbh

1 Like

I donā€™t mind when something stupid happens for a Ballon dā€™Or or World XI because itā€™s voted for by the captain of Benin who is at work at 3pm on a Saturday and probably isnā€™t watching 60 games of Barcelona, Juventus and Liverpool to determine the true :goat: out of Messi, Ronaldo and Henderson.

But the British FWA, bloody hell they are atrocious and should really know better. VvD getting it last year for leadership etc. nobody complained about but theyā€™ve taken it up a few notches with this. I really canā€™t see what heā€™s done above any other Liverpool player other than wear the armband and angrily slap all the players on the back after every game.

Sterling got the FWA last year.

VvD got the PFA player of the year award. :+1:

2 Likes
3 Likes

The :goat:

Absolutely despised him in his heyday but Iā€™ve grown to appreciate what a truly great manager he really was.

11 Likes

He is in with a shout for greatest manager of all time imo

Fergie be praying that Liverpool donā€™t win the title next season to equal united 20 league titles.