Liverpool

I’m not disagreeing.

I’m just saying Ranieiri managed a club with what he had and won the league in his first full season.

Klopps done well but he’s no Allegri, Simeone or Pep.

How is Allegri better than Klopp ? Yeah he has won the Italian league with 2 clubs, though with Juve that’s not much of an achievement, people are giving Sarri lots of flak and he’ll still win it this season.

3 Likes

A CL or two, will put Klopp the same as Pep.
Allegri and Simeone, sorry, not in the same class.

If people say Klopp spent a lot to win the league/CL, well, Pep had his Farcelona and Messi (they were not cheap), and how much did he spend on City? More than Klopp.

Big club, big money, are essentials to win something big.

1 Like

Kinda brings me back to Ranieri, Ron. Even Wenger before him.

You don’t need money to win things. It helps, of course.

I don’t think you can call Klopp the best manager right now, or even something as ridiculous as the best of all time. He’s not even the best manager in England

Money changes everything.
I still remember the time that Werder Bremen, Hamburg, Koln were all good enough to make a threat to Bayern; the time that Leeds and Aston Villa were league champions…
Money just changes everything.

You remember this?!

How old are you, mate? :joy::joy:

That reminds me, I had a question in my Zoom quiz last week about which English club won the European cup in 1982. I narrowed it down but didn’t know. But I got it right, went with Villa over Forest because of a coin toss :laughing:

1 Like

I am close to 50…
Villa winning the league, the same year I started watching Larry Bird and his Celtics.
I even remember Brian Clough’s Forest…

1 Like

Another perfect example of why its pie in the sky for anyone to think Klopp would have ever signed here in 2015. You think Gazidis is giving up his power? Lelelelelllelel never happening. We had less than zero chance of signing him even if we’d sacked Wenger.

1 Like

Tons of Liverpool fans patting themselves because they stuck by the club through 30 years.

Like any football fan has a choice. It’s been insufferable ever since I started following Arsenal and I am not able to call it quits.

1 Like

We got about 120m for Walcott, Giroud, Gabriel, Coquelin and Chamberlain but rather than reinvest in quality we wasted it on even more dross.

We also have a habit of losing world class players for a lot less than their real value, like RVP and Sanchez or even nothing for decent players like Ramsey and Wilshere.

Courthino was a lot of money but it also meant Liverpool lost they best player so to get two world class players in positions that needed strengthening was very good business.

If Klopp had come here, why wouldn’t he have done as well?
We have spent around the same but our transfer dealings have been unacceptable, while Liverpool are as good as it gets.

I can’t think of a better manager for a club like us.

2 Likes

“well done me, I stuck by a team that’s won more Champions Leagues in the last fifteen years than 99% of football sides will in their entire history”

I’ve not even seen these people but the mere mention of Liverpool fans being self-aggradising is instantly believable and fucking annoying.

7 Likes

Don’t get me started.

Turned on TalkSport

“If any fans deserve it, it’s Liverpool fans”

Turned off TalkSport.

I mean, why?! Why out of every fan base in the world do Liverpool fans deserve to win the league the most? The team who in recent years have won everything else.

I don’t usually like to group “the media” together, but where Liverpool are concerned it does seem like every Tom, Dick and Harry working in the industry are Klopp’s kids!

7 Likes

Liverpool fans don’t deserve shit.

In fact, they do deserve shit. Steaming piles of horseshit. Hauled on top of them using an industrial tipper truck.

I think Klopp is the best manager for motivation but I don’t think he’s the best tactician in the world to be honest. I still think Liverpool rely heavily on the individual Brilliance of Salah and Mane combined with the hard-working ethic Klopp has installed in the team.

They fully deserve the Premiership title because they have consistently been motivated, not only this season but last as well where they came within a point. It’s no easy feat to push and beat Man City all the Way.

At the end of the day you need genuine world-class players to win the Premiership and Liverpool have that. You need a bit of luck on the way and I think they got that with Mane and Saleh because no one foresaw saw those two being so integral and turning into world-class Premiership players.

They are also lucky then didn’t get any crucial injuries to key players because their bench really isn’t that strong and you can see see when the big guys are missing for them.
Saying this though they did Beat Barcelona 4-0 ast season without some key players but that’s just one example - because most of the time they were shit without them.

Klopp deserves the plaudits but you also have to recognise the great transfer business done especially with Alison and Van Dijk.

2 Likes

Liverpool spent significantly more than us over the 5 seasons prior to this one. They had more income too and we should of done a better job of shifting Ozil and Alexis earlier. They’ve generally spent better too.

I believe Villa were the only team other than Arsenal to win the league at Highbury.

2 Likes

Oh wow, good for villa.

1 Like

I’ve heard this.

We’ve also decided the destination of the league in 1972 and 2007 at Highbury/Emirates (also through our own shiteness in 2001 and 2003)

What was the situation in 2007?