Liverpool

The hitman would have taken care of that.

Wenger would never have done what it took, ‘Arsenal values’ and all that.

Plus, Gazidis was his boy, he signed him lelelelel

2 Likes

Nah if we had Klopp we’d have made pressing statDNA signings instead. My guess would be Jack Cork and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

1 Like

While Wenger was buying Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez for around 90m, Klopp and Liverpool were buying the likes of Salah and Mane for around the same.

1 Like

Like I said, with Gazidis here they are talking Klopp out of those signings or not green lighting them. Wenger wanted VVD for £7m from Celtic and was told no.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading these past few days and it’s finally time to swallow my pride and admit that Jurgen Klopp is possibly the very best coach in world football.

Klopp, Pep, Conte and Allegri are my 4 choices for the best.

Sarri was up there too but I’m still waiting to see how his Juventus stint pans out which will mean I need a year or two to sit back and watch his work.

@AbouCuellar I’m impressed with Fonseca at Roma so far. He’s got them playing some decent stuff despite an underwhelming summer and some injury problems. The form in Europe hasn’t been great but by the same token - the squad depth isn’t there right now so I’ll give him a pass on that.

4 Likes

Although I’ve always been angry about the fact we never moved for him, I feel United are the club who really should have moved for him.
Not even a hindsight thing just think he ticked a lot of the boxes and inheriting a better squad than Liverpool had at the time. Not sure how he wasn’t linked.

3 Likes

Did Klopp not turn them down when he was at Dortmund after SAF retired?

I agree.
What he did at Dortmund, building one of the best teams in Europe and challenging, as well as beating, Bayern Munich, in the German equivalent of the SPL, was amazing.

He then went to Liverpool and has done the same thing.
There is not a single player he has bought that wasn’t in the price ranger of what we could afford and the few times he spent big, with VVD and Allison, was with money from the sale of Courtinho who, in the previous season, was arguably the best midfielder in the PL.

I also agree with Conte and Allegri, both of who we could have had, and still could if we tried hard enough.

2 Likes

You might be right I just don’t know.

Poch seems a bit more realistic for us to replace Emery (albeit still slightly outlandish given the Spurs link and the fact that the Arsenal board don’t sack/look unlikely to give Emery a pay-off)

Pocchettino would also work out far better for us than Klopp would too, in my opinion

you take their 34, and our 2 points, and its a perfect record! :arteta: #EmeryIn

1 Like

Gross that they are going to walk the league. Ugly players and fans

Only hoping they lose at least one at this point.

2 Likes

They could go unbeaten.

Emery would complain winning games but not playing according to the game plan.

At least when we draw and lose it’s according to the game plan.

@DavidHillier right now:

15 Likes

There are so many teams that are “due one” v LiVARpool.

I’m thinking Spurs might do something in their home fixture.

2 Likes

They won’t go unbeaten but ridiculous to think they could threaten City’s record points tally.

1 Like

Last 50 league games they’re 41-8-1 = 131 points. Arsenal are 25-12-13 = 87 points. Amazing that a club with a similar wage bill and net spend can outdo us by 44 points over a 50 game period.

Those Liverpool fans that wished for Klopp must be loving life.

4 Likes

I’d say the lad on RAWK preaching “careful what you wish for” when they binned Brendan is long gone.

4 Likes

We have to think about this being too hasty binning emery :henry2:

2 Likes