Liverpool

I think United skipped out of the FA Cup in 2000 when they played this comp. Then they got battered by Romario and was it Edmundo? I forget

I’d definitely want to win this in their shoes though, it’s one in a life time thing to be in this comp

3 Likes

I’d imagine there’s a lot of good marketing to be made out of the competition if won. Fair bit of prestige off the title as well. One day I want this for Arsenal.

From memory Vasco Da Gama beat them.

Romario and Edmundo masterclass.

I remember this one well because Raja Casablanca (my Moroccan team) played in this competition. Lost 3-2 to Real Madrid.

1 Like

City’s injury list is worrying, and can possibly add Ederson and David Silva to that as well (Laporte, Sane and Rodri the key ones definitely out) for their trip to Anfield on Sunday.

Liverpool won’t get a better shot at City. If they win, that’s the kind of landmark result that solidifies belief and provides momentum for many weeks.

Hoping City pull something out of the bag but their defence is vulnerable, and if they have Bravo in goal then think Liverpool will get a big result on Sunday.

2 Likes

If Liverpool win the leagues defo done. They’ll go on unbeaten too IMO.

1 Like

They won’t go Unbeaten that’s for sure. They have been extremely lucky quite a few times with late goals. Its not like they are consistently blitzing their opponents.
Come February, the cracks will appear and fatigue will set in and they’ll lose a couple.

2 Likes

Just wish we had Klopp and all this bollocks we are in now was just a bad dream

2 Likes

Damn, 2 games in 2 consecutive days, the FA really hit Liverpool with that 4th year Fifa Career Mode draw.

7 Likes

You think Klopp woulda won us the league with little to no investment from like 2014 on?

1 Like

You don’t understand it’s not just investment what makes Klopp good.

I won’t waste my time buddy. :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Hate that.

Klopp wouldn’t even have survived at Spurs when they couldn’t sign a player for 18 months

1 Like

True Klopps lolpool had been trash until they spent 180m fixing that backline. Woulda never flown here.

I hope so but last season they went 30-7-1 with the only loss at the Etihad, so I think it’s unlikely they go unbeaten but if they avoid defeat in both games vs City it’s possible.

From Goal.com, Liverpool may try to get Mbappe…
If that is true… damn it…

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/live/transfer-news-and-rumours-live/tcqxv5mizfo219rcq5clwe1k8

Salah and Mane - £60m

Mustafi and Xhaka - £65m

He’d have enough to pay for Gazidis’ hitman too!

I think he’d have done just fine, Wenger takes the sporting director role.

2 Likes

Damn, it just painfully shows how wrong Big Weng got it. Sad really.

Besides buying them, these people forget that Klopp’s coaching is what makes them excel.

Had Salah and Mane been coached by Bumery or late Wenger they would not be the star players they are now.

5 Likes

Gazidis woulda forced Klopp into buying Xhaka and Mustafi regardless thanks to his incompetency and love of Stat DNA so lelelelelelellellel there woulda been no money left for Mane and Salah :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like