:calendar: Saturday 2023-12-23T17:30:00Z
:soccer: Premier League
:tv: Sky Sports

Result

• Liverpool win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win

0 voters

Beat these pricks and I think we become totle favourites. Huge ask though.

I feel we will win.

2 Likes

I’d take a point now. Just get out of there.

It’s a ground where they can just turn up the heat and crazy things happen.

We should have walked away with 3 points last season and ended up being lucky to come away with even a point. They’re a much better team this season and we aren’t playing with the same fluidity either.

5 Likes

Win at Anfield and we win the league. Would be a huge statement.

No idea how the game will go. Just hope we finish our chances.

2 Likes

Feeling confident, for now, after yesterday’s game. Was really impressed with how we played. A worry is the finishing though, we are not getting as many chances at Anfield as we created yesterday.

1 Like

They were poor yesterday, and you’d have thought they’d have brought their A game v United.

That said, we won’t sit back as much as United did so will be much more open

Statement victory :eyes:

2 Likes

I feel we are far more mature compared to last season and manage games better. I don’t think we would let last years lead slide. If we can take our chances, we should beat them.

They weren’t poor at all. What they were was incredibly wasteful with the chances they created.

Created nearly 40 chances during the game, but they just couldn’t put the ball in the net.

I get the feeling they wont make that same mistake when they play us.

I didn’t think they really created all that many solid chances? I recall the VVD header that Onana tipped over and a Salah shot that got parried away - besides that, it wasn’t like Onana put in a MoM performance making brilliant saves, he didn’t save anything you wouldn’t expect any other keeper to save.

Whilst they may have created opportunities, the final pass/shot was woeful

2 Likes

This game is absolutely massive.

If it was at the Emirates I’d be pretty confident of a win tbh, at an Anfield I feel Liverpool sneak it or a draw, going to go with 1-1.

Keys for me are, which teams can expose the defensive weakness of the fullbacks more effectively and obviously being clinical in the boxes.

So all in all, score draw and Villa top at Christmas.

This is a six pointer game. Just want it out of the fucking way.

Try to win if you can, but don’t push it if it’ll leave us exposed.

They never lose at home, VAR will almost certainly be on their side.

Draw, get the point and just call it a day. Our finishing is too poor to win and I don’t think we’ll get many chances either.

This is the true test for Arsenal, can we rise to the occasion? Do we have the minerals of champions, or are we still a ‘nearly there’ team?

FWIW, this Liverpool team is a shadow of the COVID Liverpool team, but I’m still fearful.

We haven’t had a good result in the big away games this season.

Villa loss
Newcastle loss
Chelsea draw

Need to be more clinical in our decision making in the final third. Feels like we have good openings but only turn it into a half chances or don’t even get a shot away. We’ve got to be on it.

3 Likes

Yup, it’s a concern. Lose at Anfield makes it 3 defeats this season already. Winning the league means winning big games too, not just at home. Or at least draw them, don’t lose.

0 points at Newcastle and Villa, with Liverpool and Man City away still to come.

3 Likes

I’d be concerned if we played badly in those games. However we were the better team against Newcastle and Villa.

3 Likes

And Spurs, and Brighton and Old Trafford…:frowning:

1 Like

The pressure is all on Liverpool, especially after they dropped points at home to a very average Man U.

Because it’s Liverpool at home and they’re playing us, they will have the ref in their squad if things aren’t going their way, but I think we’ll get something out of the game, possibly a score draw.

2 Likes

Yeah the Newcastle game we really should have drawn, the Villa game win if we weren’t so wasteful.

Remarkable we took 0/6 on the balance of play.

2 Likes

Officials also fucked us in all 3 of those

3 Likes