Liverpool vs Arsenal (PL) 1-1

Tbh, I don’t we deserved anything against Chelsea. Newcastle and Villa though we should have got 4 points out of at the very least.

Liverpool have a Carabao quarter final on Wednesday. That should mean a few Liverpool starters are carrying additional fatigue whilst we will have had almost a full week to prep.

Can only be a good thing for us. Hope the Hammers take these bastards to extra time

3 Likes

Exactly, you can have 30/40/50 shots in a match, and 90% of possession, but if you don’t create any good chances, you can’t be that upset when you don’t score, and you can’t argue you played that well.

United had the best chances, despite them having way less of them. Per Opta, United created one ‘big chance’ to Liverpool’s none.

A pot shot from 35 yards out with 2 defenders in the way does not class as a chance created in my eyes, which presumably you’re counting in the “nearly 40 chances” statement

1 Like

I have feeling that this game will start like last sesaon"s game but we will manage to hold on to our lead…

Here’s to hoping we get 2-0 up within 30 mins. I think Liverpool will come prepared for our attack.

A battle of the styles it would seem. Both have best defences in the league.

Can’t believe we have to play these guys like 3 times in the space of a few weeks.

if it was not the shit ref/VAR, we could get more points from those games.

Newcastle was the only one game that we did not generate much to score… but the other two games, not like Villa or Chelsea was better than us.

1 Like

Anfield was all quiet until Xhaka made a bad tackle and got the crowd riled up. From then on it became much harder.

Players a lot more experience with hostile atmospheres. We have played lens , psv, Sevilla away this season. As long as we show up and play our game we won’t lose.

you are correct with Chelsea, we never turned up for most of the game but we should have had a penalty for the Sanchez clattering

1 Like

Very weird to have both league fixtures in the space of a few weeks. Especially given its big game status.

I’m happy with it though. Liverpool are right in the title chase with us so I prefer there not being a nerve-wracking, anxiety-inducing 6 pointer in March / April that could decide the title.

It’s been 20 years since we looked that sort of pressure dead in the eye and said “come on then let’s fucking have you cunt”.

6 Likes

If history is anything to go by, we did the same v Liverpool in 01/02 during December and January.

Got 4 points off them, beat them in the cup and went on to win the double.

Written in the stars?

7 Likes

A million miles away?

1 Like

THAT Pires dribble vs Gerrard when we were a man down…

:saliba:

5 Likes

Now, I’m not a fan of Martin Tyler but his commentary after Ljungberg scored was iconic.

“This is AWESOME from Arsenal!”

There were so many sub-plots to this game, too. Owen looking for his 100th goal, Anelka joining Liverpool a day before the match.

Even during the game- Cole’s incredible clearance off the line and us getting screwed by incompetent refs (Gio slips and gets done for simulation. Doesn’t even look for a pen)

4 Likes

I remember this like it happened yesterday. Was watching the game with my father and he thought the booking was the right decision, and he hardly ever watches football, so for him to think like the Ref tells you all you need to know about that decision.

2 Likes

A message to the mane?

1 Like

Seasons come and go?

1 Like

I worry about the fullbacks, Salah is on form and Diaz can roast anyone, while White hasn’t looked his best lately.

Outside of that we can match or beat them. Is that twat jota still injured? Watch him make a recovery in time to score against us.

But I will never change?

They’re not really. One is 23 December and the return fixture is 3 February.

Hopefully Egypt will do well at AFCON, and Salah isn’t back by then.