Liverpool

• Looks at profile and sees Rosicky is their favourite player

:giroud3: This member is already awesome. Welcome to OA!

3 Likes

The person behind the transfers and scouting deserves more credit honestly… and some of it is sheer luck frankly… hitting jackpot with Suarez and selling Coutinho at absolute king’s ransom and at BY FAR peak value were massive, massive for them… then hitting gold with Sane and Salah and Firmino… VVD was value and smart tactical, but expensive so can’t really say that was gigantic coup.

I feel so special

Haha thanks. These days I’m still watching the “Rosicky vs.” videos on youtube regularly for enjoyment. Have to say the more knowledge I have about football, the more I realize how under-appreciated he was back then. Advances play so much vertically while being aesthetically pleasant.

2 Likes

These are excuses. I can write like 10 paragraphs of why Wenger is underrated and make excuses especially injury wise about why we never won the league in his final 10+ years too, oh and tons of excuses about why we never won the CL especially being robbed by cheat refs against Barca. But he did still win silverware, more than I can say about that bottler Klopp. Anyways welcome to OA officially. I’m sure im ur favorite poster 🖒🖒 :grin: :grin:

I really wish you’d joined OA much sooner now :joy: So good to have another Rozza fan on here now. You’ve summed up perfectly why he’s my favourite Arsenal player since our move to the Emirates. I miss his play and style so much. We just don’t really have anyone at the club who is that direct with our passes anymore and our play suffers horribly these days.

Anyways, I’ll point you to this thread, if you want to continue further on the Little Mozart :slight_smile:

BTW, don’t get suckered into @BigWeng_4LYFE games. He likes to troll. You could say he’s a bit of a disaster :poldi:

4 Likes

Yeah it’s true that the Liverpool board and his backroom staff are largely responsible for their success in transfers, but Klopp also plays a part himself. For example Coutinho wouldn’t have gone for that money had Klopp not propelled him to that level first.

Re Salah Mane Firmino one could say they hit gold, but would they play that brilliantly under a different manager? Or is this Klopp system that makes them play better than the players they actually are? For evidence, look no further than the number of flops from Dortmund that previously played like world beaters under him. Liverpool can sell that front 3 now for a combined 250M and easily buy some quality replacements. Then some people would probably say that Klopp’s buying success when in fact he’s rather building it.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, I can’t understand why people are oblivious to the job he’s done building this squad and fitting these players together. I think it’s clear that he’s the reason behind their progression to this level. Obviously Mane was a very good player at Southampton but nothing like what he is now, same with Firmino at Hoffenheim, and Salah has found a new level completely to anything he ever showed before he reached Liverpool.

I think Liverpool’s recruitment over the past few years has been incredibly smart because unlike the period where they splashed stupid sums on players like Andy Carroll and Charlie Adam with no strategy at all, he’s bought these players specifically because he could fit them to his style and it’s worked absolute wonders.

Not to always go back to Wenger, but for YEARS he bought players because he liked them individually, and didn’t think about how they fit together at all. Klopp clearly has his philosophy and this front three, along with others were handpicked because he knew they could bring his vision to fruition.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s both. Klopp also deserves plenty of credit too.

1 Like

Liverpool fans. The gift that keeps on giving. What a bell end!

1 Like

I must confess in my early days I thought they actually counted double, I learnt pretty quick in 99/2000 when Valencia beat Lazio 5-2 1st leg & Lazio won the return leg 1-0 and it didn’t go to ET :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Haha. Did you call into a radio phone in though? :smile:

Always makes me laugh when really thick people call in. That’s why i’m a big fan of 606. Some of the calls they have are hilarious. How can people be fans of something for many years but still be so clueless on the subject?!

3 Likes

Some people are surely on the wind up when they call in?

1 Like

I think their set ups tbh.

In China a butterfly flaps it’s wings, and on a football pitch somewhere on the other side of the world Mo Salah falls over.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/FutboIGuy/status/1099703425237958658

He’s fuming :arteta:

1 Like

Hahaha, Souness can’t take anyone thinking differently to him

:joy:

8 Likes

6 Likes

Lol Klopp choking it away again :joy::joy: